RPG Maker Forums

The Stranger
The Stranger
Haven't seen a single person online. lol. Feels like an inferior TES game at the moment. The interface reminds me of SKyrim; might just go and play that.
The Stranger
The Stranger
So, I got the Morrowind expansion bundled in with the base game, and I'm forced to start in the expansion. Guess the base world and story doesn't matter. Cool. Started on a ship which blew up for no reason, then I poorly transitioned to a prison where I awkwardly punched a woman in the face a few times. I have no idea what's going on.
Reactions: Dalph
Willibab
Willibab
Wow is mostly a single player game, at least how i played it xD I treat eso like i did swtor, i play to experience the story and then move on :p
The Stranger
The Stranger
That's pretty much how I treated FFXIV. lol. I might continue playing ESO to see if it gets better, but I ain't feeling it at the moment. Doesn't help that my favourite fantasy class, necromancer, is locked behind a £30 expansion. I don't like jumping into games at the start of new expansions. I want to experience them from the start. Can't do that in ESO, for whatever reason.
Willibab
Willibab
You can trigger the beginning quest, you get it when you enter main cities
Dalph
Dalph
@Willibab
I don't wanna be connected 24/7 to play. It's annoying, lol.
PixelHeart
PixelHeart
:( cant get into ESO either. Its fine if others like it, to each their own, but this Elder Scrolls has what Im gunna call "MMO-uniformity" (basically your lacked into a certain play style, and beyond your characters look, you cant really make anything unique...) and that's not really what I play Elder Scrolls for. :< .... looks cool though, I guess.
Poryg
Poryg
I spent 20 hours installing it, then additional 8 hours trxing to get it to work. In 30 minutes I was so bored I immediately uninstalled it.
The Stranger
The Stranger
Yeah, I've just uninstalled it from the PS4 now. Just not interested. The story didn't hook me, and the clunky gameplay certaiinly didn't make me want to keep playing. Well, it wasn't very expensive, so I'll just cut my losses and move on. lol.
gstv87
gstv87
imagine how broken the game would be if all Imperials just hand-waved every NPC into doing their bidding.
I have an Imperial in Oblivion, I Jedi-mind-tricked my way to success manually, using persuasion.
imagine how it'd be if I used the skill.
standardplayer
standardplayer
@The Stranger ah, I remember my first time being burned by ESO and its sad attempt at being whatever it thinks it is. Looking back, it's almost like they were trying to get us ready for the horror that would one day become Fallout 76
The Stranger
The Stranger
@standardplayer LOL! It tried so hard to be like a singleplayer TES, but it's just not. From the character animations, which seem far worse than those in Skyrim, to the janky transitions and pacing of the game and its story - it's a mess. One thing they got right from the singleplayer games was the terrible dialogue. xD I think I'll just wait for a new TES.
The Stranger
The Stranger
I mean, I enjoyed the nostalgia trip when the Morrowind music played, and I saw various locations on the island, but I could just play Morrowind for a far better experience. For an MMO with a better story, I could play FFXIV; even if I, personally, don't like the actual plot, I can't deny that it's structured well enough, and the cinematics are awesome.
The Stranger
The Stranger
Lastly, I wasn't impressed by the character creation. Sure, it's basically just the Skyrim slider thing (God, I hate slider based creation), but it's like the devs of ESO couldn't be bothered to expand on any of the races. They all have really boring appearances, a slider bar filled with what looks like the same one or two hairstyles and hair colours, and everyone looks plastic.
standardplayer
standardplayer
I love FFXIV. I get so tired of hearing hate for it, like........rlly? Hate for FFXIV? And the funniest part is a lot of the ones who spit this hate for it immediately drop WOW as the thing that FFXIV doesn't measure up to. Once I get done crying from laughter, I try to point out that the only thing they really have in common is being an mmo. Anything else is like accusing COD of ripping off of the original Doom
The Stranger
The Stranger
Yeah, I love the game too. Probably the only MMO I've played in recent years that I've enjoyed so much, and I think that is largely due to it feeling like a genuine Final Fantasy game. The gameplay also feels fun. I love tanking as my gunbreaker, healing as my Astrologian, and dpsing as my Red Mage. They all feel so unique and interesting.
The Stranger
The Stranger
I've levelled all three healer jobs up, but only truly enjoyed the Astrologian. The skills, the flow, the animations - everything about the class appeals to me. Been playing WoW lately, and I don't get that feeling of fun at all. Also tried Black Desert Online, and although the combat feels fun and fluid, the game outside of that is garbage, in my opinion.
standardplayer
standardplayer
I like tanking and healing, but my fav class is actually Monk. I know that's kind of vanilla, but I just loved everything about their moveset, the job-storyline, all of it. I haven't played Wow in a very long time, and I never disliked it. I just don't get why a lot of FFXIV detractors would point to Wow as evidence that FFXIV was bad. (Original was bad, but that was years ago)
The Stranger
The Stranger
Yeah, heard that the old FFXIV was sucky (so sucky it was killed off and reused the apocalypse of that game as part of the story for ARR), but modern FFXIV is awesome. Also if, like me, you enjoy transmogs\glamours, then FFXIV is probably one of the best MMOs out there (aside for BDO, but that seems to require real money to get the coolest outfits).
The Stranger
The Stranger
You can glamour virtually any piece of gear, so you can play the game looking sexy. In WoW, you can only use certain pieces of gear as transmogs, so you can't look cool. In FFXIV, there's a boat load of level 1 gear for all classes that useful only for glamours, and that's awesome.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Currently without internet due to storm damage and most of our state is devastated. No idea how long I'll be unable to log onto here, but I'll answer questions as soon as I can.
This is supposed to be pso2 photon blast inspired animation
I'm sure this question's been asked before, but I can't find an answer: is there any way to run the Steam version of RPGMaker *without* being logged into Steam? It's a frustrating extra step sometimes.
Been seeing bright flashes in the sky for a while, and thought it was my eyes playing tricks on me. Nope! Lightning. Now it's raining heavily. Seeing lightning, but not hearing thunder, is weird.
Small Update for myself:
>Two Dungeon maps are done, Dungeon 3 is in progress. Dungeon 4 needs work.
>4 characters set up out of a possible 6 but those come later.
>Hub area needs work.
>Game completion..., 20-25% maybe?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NKG__