RPG Maker Forums

Dalph
Dalph
I saw the leaks, sounds good enough to me, more map layers and better performance too and I'm sold already. Looks like an MV on steroids.
The Stranger
The Stranger
Are the screenshots on that MZ page actually from MZ? They look almost identical to MV, only with different icons. I hope it's an improvement, I really do.
Reactions: Dalph
Dalph
Dalph
It's possibile, what's the point of showing them otherwise?
I think it's like how Ace was compared to VX, a good overall boost in everything.
The Stranger
The Stranger
So, MZ might be the Ace version of MV?
standardplayer
standardplayer
I get that they're keeping stuff under wraps (haven't looked at leaks), but just reading all of the stuff on the MZ steam page....I dunno, I once literally saw Nacho Cheese Doritos with "Now Better Tasting!" written on the bag. Doritos could have at least tried to make the same old thing sound better, bc without telling me more, it sounded like they hadn't done anything.
Dalph
Dalph
I think it's just a boost of MV, hopefully an improvement over all its flaws.
I also think MZ doesn't stand for anything in particular, maybe the letter was added because it's after the V, or maybe they used the same typo joke TOEI(?) did with Dragon Ball Z (originally was supposed to be called Dragon Ball 2), lol.
slimmmeiske2
slimmmeiske2
@The Stranger They are. Someone put a comparison of MV and MZ and you can see the difference between the RTP and the UI.
@standardplayer They're not really "leaks", as they've been shared by the official twitter accounts of both RMW and Tkool. That said, there's not all that much extra info yet.
Dalph
Dalph
The sprites seem to be a bit better too, from the little I can see in one screenshot, at least the head is not a hot-air balloon like before.
The Stranger
The Stranger
If it has new RTP assets, I'll probably still buy it. I'm terrible with money. xD I do hope it has at least some nice quality of life improvements over MV.
  • Haha
Kuro DCupu
Kuro DCupu
it's also specifically mentioned "we've revamped the animation function" so... that's also a change I guess...
standardplayer
standardplayer
@Dalph a hot-air balloon! I want to divorce and remarry my wife so you can tell jokes at my new wedding
Dalph
Dalph
Maybe they finally added hoods and capes in the generator and a more interactive hue changer for the colour of the sprites, alongside more standard behavior sets automatically generated when you choose the parts. That's all I can think about for the character editor.
slimmmeiske2
slimmmeiske2
@The Stranger Yeah, at first glance I thought well it's just the same as MV, until the colour palette was pointed out to be different and it seems (maybe?) the art style is different too. MZ's world tiles looks much sharper compared to MV's.
slimmmeiske2
slimmmeiske2
(And on another note, kinda sad they continued with a generator; I know it's a very unpopular opinion, but everyone ended up looking so samey to me. Hopefully whatever additions they did to it, helps to remedy that.)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

We are giving away a copy of MZ today (thanks to Veno :D), tune in for a chance to win!!!
Making an RPG is a lot like playing an RPG.
'Okay, so the main quest is - OOOOHHHH, side quests and mini games!! <3'
Todays progress report: just a couple icon changes, but it makes a huge difference! :D
I just discovered there's a dark theme on here! :kaoluv:

(Click on "SWIFT" at the bottom of the page.)
Just a little light in standard RTP do magic

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NataskaThync