RPG Maker Forums

Philosophus Vagus
Philosophus Vagus
Bank says there was an 850 charge to best buy, then a 700 dollar charge, then 500, then 350, then they gave up and went to Hollister instead. I hope they had fun wasting their time trying to rob me. Hope it was awkward as their charges were continually declined and the employees had to know something was up with them.
Bastrophian
Bastrophian
:( .... question, would your card happen to have one of those chip thingies on it?
Philosophus Vagus
Philosophus Vagus
You'd really think though, if an account was overdrawn 4 times like that that the bank would auto-lock it, or at least give me a call; instead of letting them blow 235 on clothing and wait for me to notice it the next day to tell me about all those other failed charges. To much to ask for I suppose.
Philosophus Vagus
Philosophus Vagus
@PixelHeart The chips that are supposed to prevent just that kind of fraud? Why yes, yes it did. Annoying, but they effectively just stole my gas money for the month, not a big deal really. This is why it bother me that you can charge cards without pins or signatures though, never understood why stores are allowed to bypass those safety measures.
Bastrophian
Bastrophian
:/ yeah... Im not sure how they work, but maybe the chip helped protect you in this instance, I dunno... what I do know is that with some of those chips you can just wave it across the front of a card reader to pay...
Bastrophian
Bastrophian
- It makes me wonder if some super geek could rig up some portable device they could keep in thier pocket and walk by someone and covertly zap their card for all they got. Thats where I see that going at some point. :/
Philosophus Vagus
Philosophus Vagus
Honestly they probably just got my information in one of those big breaches in the past year or so like PSN and such, then set up a dummy account with that bank information on one of those phone apps where you can just have the store scan that to charge you. Technology these days makes ripping people off way to easy, unfortunately.
Kupotepo
Kupotepo
@Philosophus Vagus, how did the identity theft gets you? Is your whole area full of hackers? So we can be aware of those criminal minds.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

1620833447825.png
This is one of the most beautiful art styles I've seen... it's also the style I draw in... er.... what's this style called...?
Ami
This is the End of the Endurance,everyone are celebrating the end of their Endurance

I just wondering what Menu for Tomorrow
Two years into developing my game and I just scrolled through the BaseResource Pack that comes with MV for the first time xD I never knew how much awesome stuff was in there. Also so many names I know from the forum, like Shaz & Archeia ... and that's not the only resource pack I found in the depth of my hard drive :0 Right now I'm both confused and hyped about all the stuff I own.
Decided to start watching Naruto; and not only is it a genuinely good series, but it's also very inspiring.
I just wish Funimation got its act together and fix the missing dubbed episodes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greerenz