RPG Maker Forums

Amane Kagari
Amane Kagari
People in Japan probably use SNS services like Line or whatever popular services they have and stuff more than forums these days. (Like how many people are in other parts of the world these days. (Yup... Forums are slowly going extinct or at least becoming an "endangered species".)
Amane Kagari
Amane Kagari
Also, Line covers most of Japan's social media and posting needs so most popular Japanese products/games that targets younger generations does have a Line group for people to join. (I know because I've been spammed by a few on my Twitter's DM. To join their Line group... (I do have a Line account but I've quit Line because none of my friends are on there anymore.) ) That's my theory from observations at least.
MushroomCake28
MushroomCake28
Ohh, I knew Line was very popular over there, but I thought it was more of a general purpose social media (like Facebook is... ahem, used to be). It's the same here, most people use Facebook/Instagram/Reddit/etc., but when it comes down to a niche community like game making with RPG Maker people usually use forums, or discord. I thought it would be similar in Japan, but apparently not.
slimmmeiske2
slimmmeiske2
Their forum is also "younger". I've been here since 2012 (which I believe was the year this forum started), but looking at the staff join dates on the Japanese side, it's all 2017.
MushroomCake28
MushroomCake28
Ahh that would also explain it.
slimmmeiske2
slimmmeiske2
RE the use of forums: RPG Maker is literally the only hobby I still use a forum for. All the other communties of my hobbies are in FB groups.
MushroomCake28
MushroomCake28
Yeah same for me. This (and now the JP forums) is the only forum I actively follow/participate in, but I don't have that many hobbies. For my other hobbies I use reddit/discord mostly.
The Stranger
The Stranger
This is the only place on the internet I'm active. I have no other online presence, save for perhaps some crap linked to a Facebook profile I abandoned a long time ago.
MushroomCake28
MushroomCake28
@The Stranger Nice. Although I'm active on other sites, this is where I'm the most active. We have a fabulous community, which I explains why I love spending time here.
Tea's Jams
Tea's Jams
This is also the only forum I use, even so for RPG Maker stuff I mainly use Discord.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Just finished composing a boss battle theme!
Scripted a multi-variable weather system that randomizes wind speed, cloudiness, rain, fogginess, etc, while attempting to realistically account for interactions between them (e.g. wind speed affects fogginess, cloudiness affects rain, etc), the current weather pattern, and the player's biome e.g. swamp, beach, etc. Now I "just" have to tie visuals and sounds to the variables so stuff actually happens...
I'm having a headache balancing the combat using flat defense so I'm gonna use percentual armor, in this pic, Simon has 16 on Defense which means all the incoming damage will be reduced by 16% this will ease my burden a bit.
!Have a nice day everybody¡
SO glad they patched outer worlds for switch! I can finally play it! Weird that other peeps are still having issues. I know it was really chugging on my lite when it first came out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kotanimi