RPG Maker Forums

The Stranger
The Stranger
Not super lighthearted, but give Greedfall a shot. It's a decent RPG in which you take on the role of an ambassador of a fantasy colonial nation. I really enjoyed it. It's a shame about TLOU2, though.
Sword_of_Dusk
Sword_of_Dusk
All this time, you'd think the story would've been top notch.

Of course, it isn't actually that strange for a sequel to fall short of the original. Hell, there are some games (and movies too) that should've remained a stand alone affair. You don't need to make a sequel to everything.
FirestormNeos
FirestormNeos
Have you ever tried the Kingdom Hearts series?
Sword_of_Dusk
Sword_of_Dusk
@FirestormNeos Played every game. Believe me, I am well aware of KH's reputation, but I've never had too much trouble following the Kudzu Plot of the series.
FirestormNeos
dreamfall887
dreamfall887
Yep I already own the Kingdom Hearts games. :)
Sword_of_Dusk
Sword_of_Dusk
How do you like them?

As for a recommendation, go play Dragon Quest XI.
dreamfall887
dreamfall887
Yes I'm a fan of the KH games (My favorites is KH1 and KH2) and I'm also a Dragon Quest fan as well. I've played 4, 8, 9 and I own 11 as well. :LZSexcite:
Sword_of_Dusk
Sword_of_Dusk
A kindred soul! I've played DQs 1-9, 11, Monsters 1 and 2, and Joker 2. If I had the right systems, I'd have played stuff like Dragon Quest Swords.
dreamfall887
dreamfall887
Which DQ games are your favourite? I'd say 5 and 8 have my favourite stories and I liked 9 (I enjoyed making my own party) and 11's gameplay.
Sword_of_Dusk
Sword_of_Dusk
Even though I haven't finished it yet due to life getting in the way, 11 is my overall favorite. That spot used to be held by 7 though, which was a really great game. Before the 3DS remake, it wasn't the easiest of games to get into for some people though. It took about two or so hours to get to your first encounter if you didn't know how to skip some unnecessary parts.
Sword_of_Dusk
Sword_of_Dusk
By the way, if you enjoyed DQ9, give 3 a try. It was the first one to let you create your own party, and I find the story surrounding the hero to be pretty good, despite the simplicity.
Finnuval
Finnuval
My favorite DQ was 8 as it was the first I ever played and I fel in love with. Played most of the others after that and 3 and 11 do stand out to me aswell

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Sometimes I just think.... we all had eighth-grade syndrome, only difference is in the severity. :kaopride:
//Makes complex mechanic...
//Slaps self
No U! We make it fast, simple and fun! :kaolivid:
If it needs a long tutorial(s) on how to do it, it's bad... Just look at FF13. :kaoback:
//Shudders
Good point self. :kaopride:

There was an accident at the stone mason's workshop today. Some @The Stranger was seen on the premises, ranting about evil secret guild business before they destroyed the Statue of David. Public and law enforcement will keep an eye out for vandals!
I suppose at some point I should figure out how to change my name on here.
Teaching friend how to use MV, so far he can fight his cat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nwr