RPG Maker Forums

The Stranger
The Stranger
You could do that, or you could just carry on using the pretty FSM stuff. I mean, will you be trying to recreate what's already in the FSM packs anyway?
Guardinthena
Guardinthena
I would not be recreating what's in the FSM packs if I did that, if anything I would have to add custom content to it if I carried on. If I hand drew everything I doubt it would look like pixel art at all, more painted. Not that that's a bad thing. I'm really good with ink and pencil, so it would have a distinct feel.
Guardinthena
Guardinthena
I began creating isometric materials last year for my game because of my husband's insistence, but dropped off because I felt I did not have the right inspiration for sprawling stone cities and wasn't sure how to do whole environmental maps. That and I feel my coloring skills are sub-par if I'm honest, like nothing wow, but I can color like its an 90s cartoon or blend it in when the RTP faces no prob.
The Stranger
The Stranger
If you make everything for your game it'd look great, and your colouring wouldn't matter as much because it'd match everything else. It all depends on whether you want to create every little thing from scratch.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I think the characters are really too short. Should at least add a little more
Just the legs should be longer.
Ami
--- Survival For RPGist ---

Survivalist: I going to Test you: How to make the Fire.
F.Mage: That easy. (Preparing the Spell) EXPLOSIVE!!!
(an Explosion on the Wood Branch then Fire is Appeared)
F.Mage: (Proud Face) See?
Survivalist: (Angry Tone) MAGIC ISN'T ALLOWED!!!
Recent threads, and my very poor algorithm for my minimap plugin have made me face the fact that I need to review algorithms and such.

Going through Cracking the Coding Interview now. I am so excited.
Kes
I've seen a reference to a Community Lighting plugin for MZ, but cannot find it. Is it still in beta?

Todo:
Add fog of war
Add enemy indicators
Make window draggable
Optimise map drawing algorithm (5 seconds to load the map you see, so it's a... poo-poo algorithm)

Any suggestions? :kaoblush:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lucas7709