RPG Maker Forums

JosephSeraph
JosephSeraph
I think I'm going to turn them into strips later. Quite a few of the 2000 animations are surprisingly more detailed, although 2003's are definitely a step above

edit: dayum. The FIRE animations are hella better. The cells aren't as well drawn but the animation itself is far superior. I guess it got toned down because it's also a pain to use in the original animation editor. But it's great on Elfkisser
MikePjr
MikePjr
Yeah, i mean. It wouldn't hurt. Some people might just prefer one over the other.
MikePjr
MikePjr
I just realized, you've got the 2000 animations already mixed in with the 2003 stuff.
It's the stuff with the dark green background.
2000 assets had a dark green tone, while 2003 assets had an odd blueish green.
Or, maybe you mentioned it and i just didn't realize.
JosephSeraph
JosephSeraph
They're mixed together there indeed! As well as the unedited 2003 assets. I'm splicing and deleting as I go. I'm not going to splice the 2000 animations before doing the XP ones, though, and before that I have a looooooooooad of stuff to do :S
MikePjr
MikePjr
So, i get the feeling you can't keep the animations together to use them?
I noticed how you've separated a lot of things into smaller sheets.
Is that how the software has to have them?
JosephSeraph
JosephSeraph
Yes, that's the splicing I'm talking about. In order to properly animate something, it needs to be isolated. If I throw a spritesheet with several animations in it, instead of doing only the animation I want, it'll play all of them.

Spliced animations are much better because they occupy way less space, are cleaner, and as a result of that you can use waaaay more of them at the same time.
MikePjr
MikePjr
Well, you can tell me what you think of my approach.
If it doesn't look good, i can take a different approach.
MikePjr
MikePjr
I'm not doing this now.. it's not worth it.. i get stressed too easily..
Reactions: Nenen
JosephSeraph
JosephSeraph
Oooh! This is an awesome approach! I love the result. Just make sure to test to see if they're aligned properly if you're doing it by hand, or else they'll be wonky when animating, but yeah, this is fantastic. Keep it up!
MikePjr
MikePjr
Never mind.. i'm not doing this.. let someone else take over..
Sharm
Sharm
Really like the first one, but the second is awfully pillowshaded. Shouldn't it be more like this?
MikePjr
MikePjr
*sighs* what ever.. you can take over if you feel you can do better...
Sharm
Sharm
That wasn't the point at all! I just wanted to point out something that I thought would help you, but if it doesn't help I'll shut up.
Finnuval
Finnuval
@Sharm reading the posts seems to me they already where not that into it to begin with so I doubt that's on you. There was nothing wrong with what you said so I seee no reason for you to shut up as a result.
JosephSeraph
JosephSeraph
I don't think Sharm did anything wrong either, but sometimes we're just in a fragilized mood and end up feeling attacked. So IDK. Who knows what's happening in MikePJR's life. No one here's mad at you, dude! So keep up doing your things (no pressure) and enjoying being a part of the community :) /o/
MikePjr
MikePjr
Im sorry Sharm.. im too sensitive for my own good..
I hate working hard on anything just to be told it's flawed.
The original looked pillow shaded to me, but it's pixelated.
I did the best interpretation i could..
MikePjr
MikePjr
Also Joseph Seraph is right.
I've been dealing with a lot of anxiety and depression.. it tends to get in the way of me thinking properly.. im so sorry.
Finnuval
Finnuval
@MikePjr no need to explain or apologize, I Just wanted to point out that @Sharm didnt say anything wrong and the reaction has prolly more to do with how you are feeling then what she said is all. Anxiety and depression suck plain and simple.
Sharm
Sharm
I figured that's what it was, which is why I reacted passively instead of defending myself. No worries, I've been there too, and it's harder to deal with those kinds of worries when it's a creative work, because it feels so much more personal. I hope you're doing better now.
Sharm
Sharm
With things that small and pixelated, it's hard to interpret, I get it. That's actually why I spoke up, because I make pixel art from scratch I figured I could see things that you might not. I think when making something higher resolution there are some things that you don't want exact, since sometimes sacrifices in quality are made for clarity. Sometimes it's good to trust your own abilities more.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I think the characters are really too short. Should at least add a little more
Just the legs should be longer.
Ami
--- Survival For RPGist ---

Survivalist: I going to Test you: How to make the Fire.
F.Mage: That easy. (Preparing the Spell) EXPLOSIVE!!!
(an Explosion on the Wood Branch then Fire is Appeared)
F.Mage: (Proud Face) See?
Survivalist: (Angry Tone) MAGIC ISN'T ALLOWED!!!
Recent threads, and my very poor algorithm for my minimap plugin have made me face the fact that I need to review algorithms and such.

Going through Cracking the Coding Interview now. I am so excited.
Kes
I've seen a reference to a Community Lighting plugin for MZ, but cannot find it. Is it still in beta?

Todo:
Add fog of war
Add enemy indicators
Make window draggable
Optimise map drawing algorithm (5 seconds to load the map you see, so it's a... poo-poo algorithm)

Any suggestions? :kaoblush:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaredLevi