RPG Maker Forums

Yegitu
Yegitu
Oh gooood that sucks! :(
What program are you composing in? I sure hope there's some kind of autosave for situations like these or something. I know my FL Studio doesn't have that, so hopefully yours does. xO (Although I don't know if there are any music programs with that feature.)
MushroomCake28
MushroomCake28
REAPER. It rarely crashes, it's just crashing because of my Sound Library (which is SUPER beefy) and because I have way too many tracks (after 50 it's starting to get buggy, and I'm at 65). It does have an autosave function, but I also manually backup the project every 5 minutes since I know it tends to crash a lot once the project gets big.
standardplayer
standardplayer
Can't you bounce at least some of those? I know it isn't finished as a whole but surely some of them can be bounced to free up space
MushroomCake28
MushroomCake28
That's what I started to do, I'm working on the choir part in another file so it doesn't crash it, especially since the choir needs a lot of playback and re-testing since I gotta build the words they sing (and the phonetic code is a pain in the a**). As for the rest of the orchestra, I can't really do that since all the sections use pretty much all the instruments.
standardplayer
standardplayer
Yeah but even if it were just for compartmentalizing, you could mix down say any groups or sections of the orchestra that have finished parts to audio samples, and reload them in a single track in a separate file while you work on other sections, if any of that makes sense. I used to do it long before I crashed lol I'd do it as soon as the buffer started huffing.
standardplayer
standardplayer
I would do it usually with my wave generators first, since they were always buffer hungry. And I think in your case everything is a wave generator lol. But yeah, stuff like the choir which I know is buffer hungry (thanks, reverb), it might help to mix everything else down to a channel and save that audio file, reload it separately while you do the choir. I miss this ><
MushroomCake28
MushroomCake28
Yeah I might do that for some parts. Part of me just wanna keep doing what I'm doing and hope everything just works when I click render at the end, and then I would never need to reopen that project ever again lol.
standardplayer
standardplayer
Sorry I'm kind of being a backseat driver XD I do miss music, but I love scripting more. Nowadays I just pick on the guitar sometimes. My MIDI Controller stays in hibernation with my mixer

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Ami
What do you think about the Wood Bridge inside of Volcano?
Yet another gaming question, i'm currently playing Last of Us 2 and want to get another game to play next but can't decide between Ghost of Tsushima, Miles Morales & Jedi Fallen Order. After the latest mandalorian i AM on a star wars kick, but i also LOVED the last spiderman game that prequels Miles Morales. Ghost of Tsushima is the bottom of my list but i heard it was AWESOME. Just want a good story & fun gameplay.
I checked out Genshin Impact gameplay out of curiosity. I can't believe it's available as a mobile game too. Smooth animation, great music, and stellar sound effects (the ambient sounds are pretty detailed).

I'm flabbergasted to see games have becoming more and more advanced. Maybe also because I'm oblivious to current trend for a long time, it almost feel like I'm being sent into distant future. xD
xDRAGOONx wrote on WaywardMartian's profile.
Your artwork is amazing!!!
:ewat:
Stream will be live shortly with a session of the Interactive Text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zindasan0078