RPG Maker Forums

ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
Still haven't seen anything I don't already have better in MV so er... I'm clearly not buying MZ so far. I even already have a better particle system. * shrugs * I can't believe it's been a month, they really squandered it. :popcorn:
Prescott
Prescott
It's been a month? Eek. I just really wanna' know what's in that System 2 tab. I was wowed by the music, I'll admit.
Dalph
Dalph
wowed enough, at least with the new animations we can keep the filesize of the game much smaller.
Pretty sure there's more to come.
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
Oh yes, particles vastly reduce filesize, and RAM usage is far lower. There is a caveat though, processing them can be taxing if you use a lot of them. Of course normal users likely won't use them like I'm using them anyway, so you'll just notice a vast speed improvement for a much reduced size. For example, the player path and "sparkles" in my game is one 14.8kb file. :LZSwink:
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
I do admit I am curious to see how Effekseer performs... My testing is with PIXI Particles, so results I've seen might not be indicative of Effekseer which could just be a resource monster by comparison. * shrugs * We shall see, not like I can't just use PIXI Particles in MZ, it's still built on PIXI.
Black Pagan
Black Pagan
Uh, I'm hoping it wont be released for a month. I want to finish my MV Project before MZ gets released.
LTN Games
LTN Games
I’m just going to make sure MV has everything MZ will have.

Latest Profile Posts

currently listening to Driftwood Gaming streaming some MZ dev time and it's delightful! had no idea they were this entertaining, love it
In quarantine, will be tested soon. This year is really something... special.
I was at another orientation yesterday and I realized I'll be working with an old friend! We met at the local water park a few years back and it was so nice to see her again! We had a chat, and next week when I officially start, I'll see if maybe we can trade our Zoom IDs so we can talk!
I made some sideview closets for MV!
You can find them in my MV resource thread.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purboy