RPG Maker Forums

Sharm
Sharm
Ah, I wasn't sure if I was seeing that or not, since everything's been so small, but I thought that too. Everything is pretty but there's just a vague style clash. Like a lot of stuff was drawn without looking at the other things as reference.
Reactions: Avery
Avery
Avery
MV had it as well, but here it seems to be a lot worse. Yup, that how it looks like to me as well. It really makes me miss the quality XP stuff had.
Windows i7
Windows i7
The good news is that the community will likely correct it, eventually. I am personally more concerned with under the hood improvements.
Galenmereth
Galenmereth
I noticed this as well. I had the same issue with MV's tiles, and it's why I ended up going back to Time Fantasy tiles. Bonus of course being I can do low-res pixel art like that myself, so I can add and modify things; even though MV/MZ is technically pixel art, it's too high resolution for me to modify effectively.
Elliott404
Elliott404
It didn't made much difference to me since I'll use Pandamaru's and/or FSM plants anyways
Avery
Avery
But... having to have the community fix it and/or people using something else is not really how an RTP should work.
Sharm
Sharm
I think finding multiple artist who are willing to put aside ego to make something cohesive is getting harder. It's easier to do one person projects now, so a lot of people never learn how to properly cooperate.
Galenmereth
Galenmereth
I think you might be on to something there, although I suspect a big issue might be a lack of a central art director to steer the "ship", so to speak. At least from personal experiences in software development, whenever there's no lead UX designer, the whole thing ends up a disjointed mess.
Reactions: Sharm
Elliott404
Elliott404
I don't mean to sound like that. I just never liked RTP trees personally.
Sharm
Sharm
I don't think it's likely that there's no art director, as that would be absolutely imbecilic, but it's likely that the art director isn't doing a good job. I mean, it's a tough job anyway, getting people to just use the same terms so they can talk is so hard, let alone getting it all to work together! But a good director would have solidified a style early and made people try again if it didn't fit.
Sharm
Sharm
Of course, it could have also been a budget problem, since reworking failures costs money, and you can't always just hire the people who'll do it right the first time.
MushroomCake28
MushroomCake28
I just collect the stuff from the RTP and add it to my big tileset sheet that I use when parallax mapping. I will however admit that I'm not the biggest fan of plants of the MZ RTP, especially the tree.
The Stranger
The Stranger
@MushroomCake28 The trees were terrible in MV as well. I'm glad other artists eventually created a whole forest of better looking trees. The MZ trees really do stick out like a sore thumb in the screenshots, though. The big, bushy ones look far more detailed than the surrounding tiles. The wooden roofs look weird to me, too. It's like they have this black line or something around them.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Ugh, can't decide what to make next!
The Dystopia
ikW0BYF.png
Recently got RPG Maker MZ. A bit slower with my current PC but I will be getting a new one soon.
evening progress; pretty happy where this is at so i'll take the rest of the night to myself =w=
5NJGyKY.png
It would seem learning JS is not a know it all for making plugins. While it has enabled me to understand what I'm looking at, I still have to find the relevant information in the core scripts. This is much harder than learning JS IMO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sograyish