RPG Maker Forums

Poryg
Poryg
*laughs in free education*
Reactions: Shaz
MushroomCake28
MushroomCake28
@Poryg Wait... 100% free? Even where I live we have to pay like 1.5k per semester.
Poryg
Poryg
@MushroomCake28 Not 100% free. You have 4 free years of Bachelor and 3 free years of Master's. Usual nachelor takes 3 years, usual master takes 2 years. So essentially free. PhD needs to be paid.
  • Wow
Reactions: Shaz
Poryg
Poryg
If you're under the age of 26, your health and social insurance is paid by the state. The only expenses you have are on food, uni life, erasmus and dormitory.
Kupotepo
Kupotepo
@Poryg, I thought you are joking. I see that why the students like to go study overseas in Europe. I was blind and now I see.
MushroomCake28
MushroomCake28
@Kupotepo I don't think higher education there is free for foreigners though.
Kupotepo
Kupotepo
@MushroomCake28, ok, how about the educational fee for the immigrants not just the visitors in the Czech Republic. I wait @Poryg to answer that. Fun Fact: Amazingly, all public colleges in Iceland are free for American students.
Kupotepo
Kupotepo
In Norway, American students can reap the benefits of paying no tuition fees at any of the country’s state universities. The trick is the cost of living is high like students are will need around $1700 per month to cover the cost of accommodation, food, transport and leisure activities.
Sharm
Sharm
Ouch. I'm currently living on about $700 a month. Admittedly, I'm quite poor, but I'm managing.
Poryg
Poryg
@Kupotepo @MushroomCake28 Actually, it is free even for foreigners. The government thought about tuition fees for foreigners, but in the end they scratched it - qualified workforce is leaving from our country, so... Not to mention, it'd be discriminatory towards them.
Kupotepo
Kupotepo
@Sharm, it is right the illusion of free lunch. I sounds really preachy right now.
Kupotepo
Kupotepo
Doctorate level studies and all programmes taught in Finnish or Swedish will remain free for all.
The monthly living expenses for students in Germany are currently around $960. This includes rent, transport, food and entertainment. This costs from $55-$280 each semester.
Kupotepo
Kupotepo
@Poryg, the public universities often charge a small registration fees of just over $20. Is that correct? Living costs are far more affordable in the Czech Republic than in most of Western Europe, at around $350-750 a month.
Finnuval
Finnuval
Here it is about 1100,- euro's (1250 dollars) a month for living expenses excluding college tutions etc.
Finnuval
Finnuval
Tuition is about another 180,- a month. Higher education is anywhere between 250 to 500 a month
Kupotepo
Kupotepo
@MushroomCake28, University tuition at public institutions in France incurs only a small fee of $208 per year for an undergraduate degree and $290 for a masters. The certification always the same paper lol.
Poryg
Poryg
@Finnuval Why do you type ,-euro? ,- are czech koruna. € are euros. And yup, the registration fee is around 20-25 dollars. Monthly expenses can be kept as low as at 500 dollars if you're good enough and find good rent.
Poryg
Poryg
I have my monthly expenses at 750 a month, but I also have extremely unhealthy spending habits. With rent of 250 dollars I could definitely conserve 200 dollars a month if I wasn't so lazy. :(
Finnuval
Finnuval
@Poryg ,- behind a number is the way we indicate that there are no cents behind the amount. Just writing 500 would Also suffice but... Force of habit I guess
Finnuval
Finnuval
@Poryg 250 in rent a month? Geez, couldnt rent a closet space here for that amount xD

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Good morning. Please introduce caffeine in the proper slot. Not sufficient caffeine, add more. Add more. Continue until you hear a sound signal. Please continue. Insufficient caffeine. Increase the quantity of SRW music. Add caffeine.
I have to fix a little more.
Or maybe a lot. Yeah, I need to make the characters look a little bit more fit in some poses.
There once was a man whose name was my own
Who tried to make games for console and phone
But after ten years
Some blood sweat and tears
Weird status updates were all that he'd shown.....
I go out once every two weeks. My bf works full-time. Why is it only ever me getting sick? T_T
I've been debating on this as the title screen for a while now...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sergei_Zed