RPG Maker Forums

fluffymonster
fluffymonster
I realized just recently that on the Tileset tab, there's a "Passage" option.
The Stranger
The Stranger
F9 (I think it's F9) lets you manipulate variables and switches during test play.
The Stranger
The Stranger
@Lemonrice Yeah, pressing F9 brings up a menu during test play that allows you to alter variables and switches. It's really handy when you don't want to play through long sections of gameplay just to see if a variable or switch based mechanic works correctly.
Lemonrice
Lemonrice
oh my god this would have been so insanely useful when i created the sanity levels :kaocry: i just.... i think i have to lay down now and process this xD
tale
tale
Possible to test out entire contents of an event page by Ctrl+A (Select all) then Ctrl+R. (Test)
Quexp
Quexp
@fluffymonster - I just checked it out. It looks like it'd be handy for blocking the edge of a stage or stairs. Have you used it for anything yet?
Quexp
Quexp
@The Stranger - Oh my gosh, I just tried it out and that will be a HUGE timesaver! Thanks for sharing that. :D
fluffymonster
fluffymonster
@Quexp Yup, I used it for trees and other things I want the character to be able to be in front of. It's very handy, considering I was using event to block them off originally lol.
Quexp
Quexp
This one's simple but I add an event next to wherever I'm starting my character if I want gold/items/etc. right away to save time.
Quexp
Quexp
@fluffymonster - I'll definitely be messing around with that! It might be handy to let my player walk next to a pool table without a huge gap.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Episode 18 is here. We're still making a game in RPG Maker MZ. This week, let's make that cliff map look awesome with the new tiles we made last week! Join us live, now!

I just watched the CG movie HARLOCK: Space Pirate, a retelling of the anime Harlock story. It was pretty awesome, and has given me some inspiration for my space game, at least for parts of it.
How comes, when you are fearful to log anywhere, that somebody close passed from COVID and you learn too late, you suddenly are mortified that others who almost share BDay dates didn't answer the art you made for them?
unknown.png
Trying to make some horror "Corpse Party" style tileset.
100 degrees here (38 degrees C) god I need ac

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TizenyEl