RPG Maker Forums

Dororo
Dororo
You can't be italian without drinking coffee. At least, italian coffee. I suppose however the caffeine percentage is less than other preparations, being more an infuse than a powder mix.
Kupotepo
Kupotepo
You know why @Finnuval like coffee so much. "Dutch coffee is an alcohol-based coffee ideal for after-dinner or as a pick-me-up." Is that what you drink? @Dororo, what type of coffee you like? Marocchino, Macchiato, Cappuccino, Caffè Latte, Shakerato, Caffè d’Orzo, and Caffè.
Reactions: Dororo
Finnuval
Finnuval
@Kupotepo No and i have never heard of it lol
Kupotepo
Kupotepo
@Finnuval, here is the recipe: 150ml/ 1/4 pint cream suitable for whipping, 160ml/ 1/3 pint Advocaat liqueur, 800ml/ 1 pint 8 fl oz strong black coffee, hot, Sugar to taste, Instant coffee powder (for dusting), and Cocoa powder (for dusting). @Dororo, I see why you said that. There is a decaf coffee.
Sharm
Sharm
Congrats on breaking free of the caffeine cycle! I worry about people who drink it regularly. I've know a number of people who used it to self medicate due to ADHD and did themselves harm by slowly ramping up without realizing. I don't think it's healthy to drink caffeine personally, but for those who do, I think people should at least take a break now and then to normalize.
Guardinthena
Guardinthena
Thank you @Sharm for the congratulations. For those who don't know, or are more tolerant, let me explain--coffee (Starbucks coffee to be precise) goes back about ten years ago when I took a job as delivery driver for car parts and was having a hard time staying awake on the road. A friend of mine introduced me to Starbucks. I did not like coffee before that, but I was hooked.
Finnuval
Finnuval
@Sharm tough i isnt going to sway me (nor do i think you expect it to) I appreciate the sincere concern :)
Guardinthena
Guardinthena
Took it every day(my poor wallet!) and it would effect me differently. First time I had a headache that lasted for three days. Should have stayed away then. Sometimes it was like it did nothing for me at all and other days I would be wired. When I finally realized there was a problem was last year.
Guardinthena
Guardinthena
Oh! Not trying to sway you, @Finnuval! Just a warning story to those who might have a problem like me and are unaware!
I've been a stay-at-home mom for two years now and my husband and I had given up Starbucks in exchange for an espresso machine at home. Our home brewed coffee was a lot stronger, but I never realized.
Kupotepo
Kupotepo
@Sharm, it has a side effect like headache and cannot sleep if I go overboard with coffee. I am self-medicate to keep myself focus. It is so true. It is true that coffee withdrew is another problem.
Guardinthena
Guardinthena
So, last year I told my husband I noticed I was very short tempered and irritable for no reason at all, which was horrible for my little ones. I thought it was the coffee because every time I was taking a sip it felt like I was getting punched in the chest. It took a month before I didn't feel the effects again, and stupid me, I started drinking it again every day after that.
Kupotepo
Kupotepo
@Guardinthena, that is true not to drink coffee like drinking water. It increases irritability and makes you nervous. My mother feel irregular heartbeat when she drinks a sip of coffee.
Guardinthena
Guardinthena
So this year, I realized I was having the same problems again (not the sense of being punched in the heart) but the irritability. Stopped drinking it a week ago and switched to tea and the change was almost instant. Started sleeping earlier too! That was another problem, like what you have mentioned @Kupotepo! I was drinking coffee in the morning and unable to sleep until 2am sometimes!
Guardinthena
Guardinthena
@Kupotepo -I've FINALLY learned that lesson! Only took me about ten years! I wish I'd realized so much sooner, but had no idea how much of a problem it had been till recently. Makes me question if I've really had insomnia all these years or it was really the caffeine overdosing! Like you mentioned before too, I knew people could die from energy drinks but I'd never heard the same from coffee.
Kupotepo
Kupotepo
@Guardinthena, yeah anything can be addictive even internet. I just drink when I need to focus and I can stop any time. But the next day, I get a headache and do. Yikes, you like my mother's condition. Sorry to hear that.
Sharm
Sharm
Ah, the heart thing is scary! That's a really bad warning sign! Definitely stay away from it from now on! *worries*
Kupotepo
Kupotepo
@Guardinthena, Caffeine overdose is very rare, but it is often related to energy drinks or caffeine supplements that can contain very high levels of this stimulant. Coffee is ok.
Guardinthena
Guardinthena
Thank you again, @Sharm and @Kupotepo. I swear I am cutting off coffee, like as an everyday use. (I tried to take it again two days ago and that was horrible, it hit me so hard I couldn't sleep till 4am and had a headache!) I have found a new appreciation for Earl Grey tea for my morning breakfasts, or Green Tea with jasmine, and peppermint tea. Love, love, love peppermint!
Dororo
Dororo
@Kupotepo: MOKA. That's mean the coffee you do with the MOKA machine each italian family own (at the bar is called ESPRESSO, but is a bit more "creamy" and "smoky" on flavour). Is the national beverage you drink twice or thrice a day (Cappuccino is not considered a "kind of coffee"). Now italian coffee is no more than 35 ml ..
Windows i7
Windows i7
Well, almost all Americans drink coffee. I don't know about the rest of the world, but here you can get coffee almost anywhere. Gas stations are usually the best place for an inexpensive cup of coffee though. For me personally, my tolerance for caffeine is really high. It takes 400+ mg of the stuff before I start feeling like crap from it.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Good morning. Please introduce caffeine in the proper slot. Not sufficient caffeine, add more. Add more. Continue until you hear a sound signal. Please continue. Insufficient caffeine. Increase the quantity of SRW music. Add caffeine.
I have to fix a little more.
Or maybe a lot. Yeah, I need to make the characters look a little bit more fit in some poses.
There once was a man whose name was my own
Who tried to make games for console and phone
But after ten years
Some blood sweat and tears
Weird status updates were all that he'd shown.....
I go out once every two weeks. My bf works full-time. Why is it only ever me getting sick? T_T
I've been debating on this as the title screen for a while now...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sergei_Zed