RPG Maker Forums

Sharm
Sharm
Break it down into actionable tasks that only take a few minutes each, then only focus on a few at a time. Usually people who are overwhelmed are either looking too much at the big picture or don't have a clear idea of what's ahead other than "a lot".
jkweath
jkweath
I get the same feeling all the time (you might actually know about that a little bit :rhappy: ). Sharm has the right idea though. For me, I often feel overwhelmed at just how many little things I have to get done, but then immediately feel relieved after finishing a few tasks and realizing most of those little things take much less time than I thought they would.
Sharm
Sharm
It has to do with the way the human brain works. When you don't know something, your mind fills in the gaps with the worst possible outcome. This is so you can prepare for it, but the fear of the worst gets in the way too. The way to combat that is by making the unknown into something known or planned for.
Eliaquim
Eliaquim
Yeah! Totally right.. I miss the count of how many times I have to remember this. Sometimes my eyes are just on the big picture and lost sight of the little things. Thanks for the words people! I'm will try to make little by little now.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Doing RPG Maker News #18 | Moghunter is Back, Encrypt MV/MZ Plugins, Isometric Geometric Tiles
Unironically, no joke, after consideration and self-reflection, I have decided that the best thing for my creative/workflow/commitment problems is to spend EVEN MOAR hours a day playing videogames than I normally do. (Micro-thread)
FINALLY got my weather system implemented. Who needs a black mage when you have a weathermancer! :p
Oh boy! COVID19 lockdown again! Good thing I already never go outside! :D
This one is less showing off and more 'I really don't know how I feel about this one.' The 'child' sprite template I made either works great or doesn't at times. (She is a fairy, so I made her small).
Morgan.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MS278