RPG Maker Forums

Lornsteyn
Lornsteyn
Happened in the Final Fantasy X/X-2 Remaster, too.^^
standardplayer
standardplayer
I have that but ive never really played it, I played both when i was a kid and didnt care much for either. I did love blitz ball, though!
Lornsteyn
Lornsteyn
Blitzball was great, always hoped they would do a Blitzball spinoff.^^
standardplayer
standardplayer
Yeah but since its a sports game, EA would probably get a hold of it and add loot boxes or some kind of pay to win feature xD
The Stranger
The Stranger
Really? I never finished FF7 Remake, I just got bored of the boring side quests and simply stopped playing, so I never encountered this. Maybe it's part of the new world building. lol.
standardplayer
standardplayer
@The Stranger i did, too, this id about my fifth or sixth attempt to press forward. Its a great game, but they waited just too long. Five years ago, id have eaten any ff7 remake like this right up
The Stranger
The Stranger
I loved the intro. Huge rush of nostalgia there. However, once I got to the slums I'd already had enough of it. Those really boring side quests just made me sigh and play something else. yeah, i could just not do them, but I don't like buying games to not do things. I think I uninstalled it from my PS4 to make room for other games. lol. TBH, I just don't think the FF series is something I'm into anymore.
standardplayer
standardplayer
Lol I was telling someone about that, that as far as the remake, when I was a kid, I never wanted to like, help people find missing kids or their cats, that was never something I thought the original was missing. All in all, I think FF is doing ok, I hated the entire 13 series, and tried them multiple times over years, no matter what, I always hated it. I love 14 and 15, though.
The Stranger
The Stranger
FF14 is the MMO, right? I love that too. FF15 is another game I just stopped playing at some point. I remember fighting a boss in a crater, and watching the protag ignore the sister of one of his bros in a big city, but that's about it. lol. Another FF game filled to bursting with really, really bad side quests. Are tedious side quests a staple of JRPGs or something? xD
The Stranger
The Stranger
yeah, finding kids and cats wasn't something the original was missing. I mean, what happened to the story focused side-quests that were said to be included in the game? I guess all of those interesting sub-plots, the ones that were meant to help flesh out the world, were dropped in favour of herding cats. xD
standardplayer
standardplayer
I didnt feel like the ff15 sidequests were bad or unfocused, maybe a small amount. Overall i just feel like the game transformed so many times before coming out that it cant have a cohesive story
Touchfuzzy
Touchfuzzy
I liked all those sidequests. They were about 2 things: Focusing on Cloud being a mercenary who will take pay to do whatever and having more time for character interactions between Cloud/Tifa that weren't taking place during life shattering moments (and then Cloud/Aeris during the second set of side quests).
standardplayer
standardplayer
That's good that you enjoyed the sidequests, and yes they are mostly about those two things. But honestly I was always fine with the content of the original, I really just wanted to see the world in at least partially non pre-rendered glory. I dunno. I don't feel like I know Cloud or any of them better having done these quests. To me, it also makes the people of Midgar seem less real

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Is it true that when we hit 1 million posts, each of us gets 17,000 USD? Sorry if I'm not supposed to post this question here, but I can't find where to post it...
I slightly modified the hairstyle to get it in the right direction.
And apply a little lip
Am I up for another full-time day of game dev? Let's find out! Got coffee, got music; let's go!
The right kind of creativity is adding your flavoring and layering on tested and proven tropes, not tearing them down and rebuild things in your image. Just like how you don't cook eggs with a brick or a chainsaw, but instead learning on how to make your eggs look good and different than the other eggs.
Stream will be live shortly with some Darkest Dungeon! Feel free to drop by!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kevinthain