RPG Maker Forums

The Stranger
The Stranger
@Kupotepo I don't doubt that there are some arseholes out there who have, and still do, tried to threaten and manipulate creaotrs of various kinds into doing things for them for free.
Finnuval
Finnuval
@fluffymonster I like the comparison cause that hass happend to me. A club had their bouncer KO'd and the owner asked if anyone would remove the drunk idiot that did it. Me and 3 other ppl stepped up. So yeah, maybe its me but... I stand by what I said. XD
Finnuval
Finnuval
@The Stranger and those ppl should Just be.... Well this Site is pg13 so ill stop there xD
fluffymonster
fluffymonster
@Finnuval XD I guess what I'm referring to is more of an experience than a specific event. Some people act entitled to your help. I'm mostly referring to that, but I digress.
Finnuval
Finnuval
@fluffymonster oh I agree ppl that act entitled (in whatever scenario) should be...-snip- xD
However there is nothing wrong with asking ppl for specific help like I. Said aslong as you know No is a valid answer.
Also we digressed 50 messages ago lol
Kupotepo
Kupotepo
@Finnuval, stop corrupt our innocent young mind. I am kidding I am old, but as old as you people.
Finnuval
Finnuval
@Kupotepo as you chose to be part of this convo I havee a hard time beleving you have an innocent mind :p
fluffymonster
fluffymonster
Finnuval
Finnuval
@jkweath sorry for the deluge of alerts you're getting... Guess you started something here xD
fluffymonster
fluffymonster
People are very heated about their monies.
Finnuval
Finnuval
Kupotepo
Kupotepo
DoubleX
I think I'm going to keep all of my current and upcoming scripts/plugins free for a simple reason: I'm still just a bad junior programmer and I really don't have the balls to charge anything yet.
Also, from what I've seen(not specific to the RM community), things can become ugly quickly once money's involved, and I'm too weak to deal with that :)
Shaz
Shaz
I was going to reply earlier but I thought the conversation had kinda deviated.
I intend to start making paid plugins, for at least MV and MZ, and maybe some Ace scripts as well. Not all of them. Some will still be free, some will be paid, and some will be free for a 'lite' version but paid for a more fully featured version.
Shaz
Shaz
@ImaginaryVillain you mention not giving people free plugins because you don't want to handle the complaining and support requests? You realise that once they pay for it, they will still complain and submit support requests, but now they'll feel entitled to a response and that you are obligated to help them.
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
Well you see there's one major difference. They'll be paying me money. You know it turns out the more people pay me, the more I like them. With enough money I like everybody no matter how annoying.
:rheh:
  • Haha
Reactions: Shaz
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
I am also no stranger to selling stuff, I am a seller for Magic cards on multiple markets with thousands of sales, and perfect feedback on all of them. So I am used to scumbags, entitlement, theft, morons, etc. And my customer support is impeccable. :kaopride: Though I admit, game devs do not typically make anything close to what Magic traders do. Still I find this exciting and fun. :LZSexcite:
Shaz
Shaz
With enough money I like everybody no matter how annoying.
lol - you say that now ...

Not that I'm advocating all plugins being paid, but it'd sure make people consider whether their game would benefit by adding it, rather than throwing everything in just because they can. How many people chuck in every Yanfly plugin without actually needing to use most of them?
Kupotepo
Kupotepo
@Shaz, isn't that make the game really slow? After all, the plugins cost memories in the game.
Do not worry about the developments life circle's torturing. Both of plugin and game devs will have to suffer.
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
That's definitely the plan, I don't want people to look at my plugins and go... "Oh wow! Let's just throw that in!" I like people who take deliberate action, not impulsive people. Also I tend to not extend MV's functionality so much as go around it if I can, (too bloated for my tastes). Which makes my plugins largely compatible across the board. I program like a hacker, in and out, leave no trace in RAM. :LZSwink:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I think the characters are really too short. Should at least add a little more
Just the legs should be longer.
Ami
--- Survival For RPGist ---

Survivalist: I going to Test you: How to make the Fire.
F.Mage: That easy. (Preparing the Spell) EXPLOSIVE!!!
(an Explosion on the Wood Branch then Fire is Appeared)
F.Mage: (Proud Face) See?
Survivalist: (Angry Tone) MAGIC ISN'T ALLOWED!!!
Recent threads, and my very poor algorithm for my minimap plugin have made me face the fact that I need to review algorithms and such.

Going through Cracking the Coding Interview now. I am so excited.
Kes
I've seen a reference to a Community Lighting plugin for MZ, but cannot find it. Is it still in beta?

Todo:
Add fog of war
Add enemy indicators
Make window draggable
Optimise map drawing algorithm (5 seconds to load the map you see, so it's a... poo-poo algorithm)

Any suggestions? :kaoblush:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alvarus