RPG Maker Forums

The Stranger
The Stranger
Yeah, can't wait to convert to MZ and start over with nothing but the default systems. :p
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
I am completely amazed how exacted people are to do just that, but I'm more amazed by how many people asked if the MZ converter would convert their plugins... In the same thread where it was repeatedly said it won't. :LZSwink:
The Stranger
The Stranger
@ImaginaryVillain So, can I use MV plug-ins in MZ? :p I wonder if someone will try to use MV plug-ins in MZ without attempting to find someone to convert them properly?
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
At least can take comfort in the fact that @Shaz won't be without tech support requests. :LZSwink:
Hyouryuu-Na
Hyouryuu-Na
Just curious. What language will MZ use? It might seem like a stupid question but I don't exactly read many MZ threads so I don't know ^^;
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
Javascript, it's also confirmed to use the latest PIXIJS and NodeJS.
The Stranger
The Stranger
@Hyouryuu-Na I think it's just JS, but a different version than the one used in MV.
Hyouryuu-Na
Hyouryuu-Na
Oh. That's sorta inconvinient. If it were the same, people could still use existing plugins... and we have a lot of good ones right now <3
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
Oh it's the same JS, it's just that the engine itself has been rewritten. Plugins make use of functions/objects/arrays/etc that are part of RM.... Along with introducing their own. So because the stuff is no longer in the same location, is written differently or is gone entirely, we'll have to update the plugins to reflect those changes.
The Stranger
The Stranger
Yeah, it's why people kept asking if they could use MV plug-ins in MZ. Both use the same languages, just not the same versions. It makes sense to someone who knows next to nothing about coding languages. I also think people just don't want to lose access to all of the cool scripts available to them; some of them might never be remade in MZ.
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
I'd say I'll be helping convert them, but well.. I don't see a Linux version yet, and Elfkisser wants me to compile their stuff for Linux. Not going to lie... It's like they are trying their hardest to not sell me MZ. :LZSwink:
The Stranger
The Stranger
@ImaginaryVillain So kinda like trying to use older MV scripts in the current version of MV. SOme of them simply don't work because the scripts try to use things that are no longer used. I had that problem when using Khas' lighting plug-in. It worked in his demo, because his demo used the version of MV he used when writing the script, but not in newer versions.
The Stranger
The Stranger
Stopped updating it too, so I had to find help to figure out why it wasn't working. Luckily, it turned out to be fairly eays to fix; just removed a single part of the script and it worked fine.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Made these new little isles yesterday, to test my new tiles. Guess they're look pretty chill...
Are your bodies ready for spoopy? 0 w0
Made a lot of progression today with my next chapter. It helps that I wrote an outline of what will happen. :)
Today is a good day. Today I will finish this map. Today I will... squirrel!
Motorville is coming along so very nicely, what do you think?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Verkor54