RPG Maker Forums

TheoAllen
TheoAllen
I've heard that RMRK is already closed.
And MA is likely already moved on.
TheoAllen
TheoAllen
There's a discord server for RMRK if you want to look around though, iirc mods are there but no MA.
BCj
BCj
Ah.. I'm fairly certain I asked ModernAlgebra if I could use his scripts for commercial (because of IGMC 2015 rewarding prize money) but I can't login to check my PMs to be sure (it doesn't accept any of my passwords).. And I can't reset my password because the email never arrives. So frustrating! Is there any way I could contact him somehow?
@TheoAllen where did you find the discord?
BCj
BCj
I saw an old IRC link (who still uses IIC??) but it was dead.
Trihan
Trihan
Which scripts are you wanting to use?
TheoAllen
TheoAllen
Honestly, I forgot where I got it. Sending you PM for the invite link.
Trihan
Trihan
BCj
BCj
Yeah, that's what's stated for his VX scripts. But the VX Ace scripts said you needed the author's permission (by pming them).

As said, I'm 100% sure I contacted him about IGMC 2015, as I contacted every author I used the scripts from. But as said, I can't login into my account so I can save the PM as proof..
I am using MA's:
- Hover Alerts
- Quest Journal
- ATS: Text Formatting
DoubleX
Speaking of RMRK, I got permanently banned from about a month ago all of a sudden but I failed to find any info on why this happened(but my posts are still there), and now I still don't know what's going on...
BCj
BCj
Hmm. So there's been crazy stuff going on there? Do you think their userdatabase got hacked, maybe? I find it so strange that I can't access my account and can't re-register.
DoubleX
I don't know, but if it were the case, I don't think I'd be the only one being banned without an apparent reason, then the forum/iirc would probably be already flooded with concerns about many such cases, so I won't place my bet on RMRK being hacked yet :)
Trihan
Trihan
Ah, yeah. That's gonna be a tricky one if you can't get a hold of him. He uses RMRK's default terms of use for his VXA scripts, which do state that for commercial use you need the author's express permission.
BCj
BCj
Yeah and I had it for IGMC, but since I can't access the account, I have no proof -_-

@DoubleX, well if people can't re-register, like me, and the IIRC is dead, and the discord doesn't seem very active, then I guess not a lot of people can post about it :p
bgillisp
bgillisp
I remember I found a site where he changed the TOS to just free to use commercially. I screenshotted it for my records. I don't recall where but it came up when I just googled the script.
DoubleX
@BCj This might also explain why RMRK has nearly no activity for quite some time already :)
BCj
BCj
@bgillisp could you send me that screenshot, if possible?

@DoubleX they also have no twitter or anything of the sorts, and no way to contact RMRK support. It's so strange.
Wonder if it'll go down anytime soon?
I wanted to download some scripts just in case, but I can't download any demo .zip files (files corrupted winrar says) because I can't login.
TheoAllen
TheoAllen
If this makes u feel better.
BLtBHL2.jpg
TheoAllen
TheoAllen
@DoubleX it is possible that your account just got banned by collateral damage, idk.
BCj
BCj
I see. Well that explains why registering didn't work.
DoubleX
In that case, it probably means many spam bots came from my city/country, as such a collateral damage is likely in the form of a regional IP ban, but that'd mean those spam bots had really gone totally out of control...
  • Wow
Reactions: BCj

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

found out how to change pfp, literally there's a hidden thingy on the bottom of it
Tarzanthecat wrote on SoftCloud's profile.
Bill_shitting.jpg
Interesting week. Lots of stress and anxiety especially on Tuesday but still got thru it. How is everyone doing?
I was pleased with how the little ... whatever those square bits like upside-down turrets on the skirt are? I like how they turned out. Here's a little ranger/bandit/archery enthusiast to model it:

TestChara-08.gif

I'm calling her Robin because obviously.
Just downloaded the demo and boy howdy are my arms tired (???) :kaohi:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porpor1104