RPG Maker Forums

KakonComp
KakonComp
Good luck with that workload. I hope RPG Maker is close to your downtime though; gotta get some relaxation in there.
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
By non-IT career change you mean RM Youtube Star right? :LZSwink:
magnaangemon01
magnaangemon01
Oh, yeah, totally easy.

Good luck with that. But if you know there's an end date, then I would highly recommend you start looking for an alternative.
Reactions: Shaz
Shaz
Shaz
@ImaginaryVillain it's in there somewhere (probably more in the RPG Maker than non-IT career change though). As soon as my new computer is paid for and built, which should be within the next couple of weeks. Well, that's a start ... stardom might take a week or two longer. Thank you for keeping on my back about it!
Shaz
Shaz
@magnaangemon01 I've known for a year or so that there was an end date - was expected to be in about 5 years at the time. Was thinking I'd just get another IT job, but it leaves me mentally exhausted & I don't want to make plugins. The end date has now been pushed back, but it's still there. I've got time to train up in something totally different.
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
That's right, don't let your memes be dreams! You got this! The YouTube RM world awaits! :LZSwink:
  • Haha
Lemonrice
Lemonrice
This is interesting, i see a lot of people leaving IT to pursue a completely different carreer (myself included) Many change into social and medic carreers. I'd be interested - if you want to share - what you had in mind? Aside from stardom of course ;)
Shaz
Shaz
I am waiting to see if my application into a 3-year architecture degree is accepted. If I can manage the load, I also plan to do a permaculture design certificate within the next couple of years and combine the two. Yes, I am questioning my sanity. If accepted, I have probably 6 weeks in which I can change my mind.
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
That er... sounds all responsible and stuff. Why would anybody do that? :kaoback:
  • Haha
Shaz
Shaz
There is only room for one @ImaginaryVillain in this world. I have to take a different path. Plus, you know, roof over our heads, mouths to feed and all that stuff ;)
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
This is true, per the interdimensional rules there can only be one ImaginaryVillain per continuity. :kaopride: Else plot lines will get all jumbled by the all the imagined villainy. :kaoback: You are of course allowed to have as many actual villains as you want though. They have a different much crappier union. :LZSwink:
  • Haha
Lemonrice
Lemonrice
That sounds like a great combination. I understand permaculture as in year round gardening? (just in a larger scale)
Shaz
Shaz
Someone else's definition: Permaculture is the conscious design and maintenance of agriculturally productive ecosystems which have the diversity, stability, and resilience of natural ecosystems. It is the harmonious integration of landscape and people — providing their food, energy, shelter, and other material and non-material needs in a sustainable way.
Shaz
Shaz
Traditionally when you get a house designed, the house is the only thing that's designed. A tiny garden is added to the front, as an afterthought, and the rest is lawn. By adding permaculture, the design would cover the indoor and outdoor area, which would be purpose-built. I think sustainable design should come in there somewhere too, so I'm also looking for something on that.
EmeraldDemnia
@Lemonrice The term originates from permanent agriculture and permanent culture. It's more of a hollistic design approach for sustainable building, gardening and social, cultural, political and economical structures.

I haven't met a lot of architects designing by permaculture yet @Shaz. I'm craving to follow your steps ^^
Lemonrice
Lemonrice
Okay! That's really interesting and cool. I've only discovered permaculture as an option for produce (dug into it because we wanted a year round vegetable plot on our balcony) what you describe has become more known around here as earthship (but iirc that's a trademark from a company building the living spaces you described)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Well.. I was going to post my randomly generated road experiments... But the new "Attach Files" on profile posts seems to be quite buggy. Also there's no more option to insert Imgur images. Highly unfortunate. Guess I'll give them a bit to fix it and go back to messing with stuff.
my first day back to working on my project and i'm pooped!! hope to get back in the rhythm soon!
I just came up with a very original RPG Idea. This is so well written that it might be the first RPG I actually finish making. (I’ve stopped all my projects halfway through development. I don’t think this one will be the same.)
Became a news junkie... except for those times I got inspired and published a chapter of any of my crazy stories. XD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tablo_Noir