RPG Maker Forums

Ossra
Ossra
Yeah, I have a machine that has been running a non-activated version of Windows 10 for a long while. Activate the OS later and save a bit of money. Sorry to hear that the pricing got jacked. D:
Reactions: Shaz
Shaz
Shaz
Yeah, there doesn't seem to be too much of a consequence if you don't activate it. I still COULD get them both, but it would use up my whole tax return and the original price was already about $500 more than I started out wanting to pay.
Shaz
Shaz
@Ossra have you had this version for more than a year? Do you still get the Windows updates even though it's not activated?
??????
??????
I've been trying to buy a new mic (yeticaster bundle) and it was £200 a few months ago, now the only store on amazon wanted £319. When the covid pandemic started messing with my setup ~ that was the day I started caring about it :D
  • Haha
??????
??????
also, you dont 'need' a windows license, it still updates etc, but it has restrictions such as always shows need activation in bottom right corner of the screen, and cant customize desktop or certain features (such as what data windows tracks).
Shaz
Shaz
I don't care much for customizing the desktop. The message in the bottom right corner of the screen - do you know, if I record a video with screen capture, will that be captured as well? I'm assuming it will. I think that only shows up after a month? I'll probably be activating it within that time, so if it only appears after a month it'll be fine.
Ossra
Ossra
@Shaz Yeah, the watermark will get recorded, as well. There is supposed to be about a month wait before the activation nag kicks in, but I have had it start before that time, too. You really are not losing too much, though. You will still get updates, but certain features will be disabled. I use un-activated Windows on my secondary PC, and that has been chugging along for several years.
??????
??????
you could use something like obs to only capture a specific portion of the screen, or use some fancy cropping within some video editing softwares.
Shaz
Shaz
I've got Movavi. I know obs lets you record a specific window, but with MV, that means only ONE window - if that window then opens other windows (database editor, event editor, etc) they don't get captured. Anyone know, if I have multiple monitors and I set it to extend rather than duplicate, is the text on both screens? Or can't I set it to extend with the unregistered version?
??????
??????
nah, with obs you can record a specific screen, your desktop, webcam, whatever. Can also manually crop the recording area. :)
idk about multi monitor setup. I've been fully activated since i got a secondary monitor :p
Shaz
Shaz
I don't like 'screen areas' because it feels restrictive and I'd have to keep moving stuff around to keep it in view. I like to take up a lot of space :D
No biggie - pay day is just a few days later, so if it's there from the word 'go' I'll just register before I do any recording.
Reactions: ??????
??????
??????
I'm curious, what you gonna be recording? :eyes:
Shaz
Shaz
RPG Maker for Newbies. So when they say "Why can't I walk anywhere", or "How come I can walk everywhere", instead of writing an essay on the top left B tile, I can just say "Go look at this ...".

I HOPE the top left B tile can't be changed from a star in MZ!
Ossra
Ossra
@Shaz Ugh, I remember changing that when I was new to RPG Maker. I wondered why everything went wonky. That and the upper left corner of A5 that controlled the out of bounds region. Newbie traps.
  • Haha
??????
??????
I have no idea what the top left b tile issue is tbh. Total mapping newbie here :D
Ryanu
Ryanu
You can make the world's best RPG Maker game and make millions.
Shaz
Shaz
@Ossra what? What A5 out of bounds region? I've never heard of that one!
Shaz
Shaz
@?????? top left B tile is the 'erase' tile - if you put an image on that one, it won't display. It should be set to star passability, because it's the default/0 tile that is on every tile of every layer if you don't draw something. Setting to O means you can walk on everything; setting to X means you can't walk on anything. Setting to star means 'use passability from next layer down'
Shaz
Shaz
A later version of MV removed the ability to change that setting on that tile, because so many people were setting it and messing up their games.
Ossra
Ossra
@Shaz Hmm, well, I went to double-check in MV and Ace, and I guess that is not the case. I suppose I made another mistake elsewhere and changed that square at the same time. I have always avoided that square ever since. ;o I guess I was wrong.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Run Script Calls & Play Unique Sound Effects With Each Skill & Item | RPG Maker News #113

Let's continue making our game in MZ! Touchfuzzy is... still eventing... though this time we may be working on eventing some tutorial stuff for our players!

I work late on the game so I sleep in then I wake up late so I have to work hard to make up for sleeping in meaning I work late again and sleep in again... what a nasty cycle.
I just had my first real fire. Dad made burgers for lunch and the grill caught fire. He tried to get water but I told him you should never put water on a grease fire. So I got him the fire extinguisher under the sink and we managed to put it out. I can still smell a little of the smoke coming from the patio, but at least it's clearing. It sure was scary though.
was rendering a video and window decided to bsod on me :D fun

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChaosEmperor