RPG Maker Forums

ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
Sure it would likely run better, but the dev time would be extraordinary. Oh you also have to learn C++ as well, since that's what they use. Godot would be a better choice than Unity, except again I'd have to start from scratch for the promise of "something better". Versus just having what I have here, doesn't seem worth it.
Kes
Kes
I was referring to putting in the fog. I thought you had only started doing that now, but if this is a revamp then that's rather different.
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
Ah yeah. Mostly a lot of weeks have been put into making my world stable. Early versions would eventually lag out the map... Each new iteration takes longer to have that problem. For my previous video it was about 8 minutes on a single map would cause it to lag out. Now it's grossly beyond that... So I'm able to actually add depth, fog, lights, complex enemies, etc.
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
Not that anybody has a reason to sit on a map for too long... It is a random map generator after all, so it kind of defeats the purpose if I don't have to them visiting lots of maps. :LZSwink:
KazukiT
KazukiT
That's fog looks nice in this, I also see you have a lighting plugin so I wonder how well ones computer will hold up with this running.
Hyouryuu-Na
Hyouryuu-Na
Yea that is a thing to worry about. People with crappy pcs like me will have a hard time running this smoothly.
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
So my game has a deep dark secret (it's not really a secret but humor me, because it sounds cooler). I have created a system known simply as "The Bubble". What it does is render only the area the player can see, and just a tiny bit beyond it (so the player doesn't see it rendering). Then it removes anything outside of that area. If player moves it adds new stuff and removes old stuff.
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
So no matter how big the map is, it will never use more resources than what's within that bubble.Which basically means I have access to waaaaay more resources than a normal MV game. Test games use around 700 -900 mb of RAM, and it gets 30FPS on an original Surface Pro... which doesn't even have a graphics card. That was before my latest vast improvements too, which took ....
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
Hyouryuu-Na
Hyouryuu-Na
This lighting plugin seems a lot better than the original terrax lighting but I'm sorta stuck with khas ^^; If need arises, I'll switch cause khas' one is pretty heavy. There might be a time when my game will run at 20 fps :") That is when I shall switch.
Hyouryuu-Na
Hyouryuu-Na
I'd love to switch to a more lighter one right away, but that also means having to go change every comment. I'm so lazy...
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
Suppose that's fair, but our plugin even has battle lighting now too, you sure we can't tempt you to the "dark side" of lighting? :LZSwink: Also... my goal is 60FPS on Windows computers with no graphics card, and at least a AMD A-10 (or better)... Because that's my test platform's specs. I even dream of Android one day... :LZSexcite:
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
I spawn in events... So I never have to change much. You could just setup a common event, have it spawn events based on two variables you give it, and just call that when you need a light. :LZSwink:
Hyouryuu-Na
Hyouryuu-Na
Never thought of that. Good idea ^^
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
And do you know what the best thing about spawning in events is? You can despawn them when you don't need them so they take up zero memory. :LZSwink: Just don't fall down the rabbit hole of spawning your entire game like some people... Who will remain nameless. :kaoswt:
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
On the plus side, you'd never have to map again... I use 9 blank maps to play most of my game. :LZSwink:

I just made a system that links them together infinitely, so it doesn't matter there is only 9 of them.
Hyouryuu-Na
Hyouryuu-Na
Apart from the empty maps I'm more amazed by how neatly arranged your maps are! You have categories for maps! *Yuuna can't proccess in her brain*
Hyouryuu-Na
Hyouryuu-Na
Trihan
Trihan
It's actually C# Unity uses, IV, @ImaginaryVillain, which is thankfully a lot easier to learn and use than C++ is.
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
Ah my mistake, thanks. :LZSexcite:

@Hyouryuu-Na Those seem pretty organized to me. I mean I guess you could have categories, but at least they're logically named. I usually go back and reorganize once a month to keep the project in check. So my common events look like...

They're er.. kind of boring, I push everything to plugins now if I can. :LZSwink:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I'm going to schedule my shuttle to the train station today... after I vote. It's not a pleasant thing to do, since I hate politics. So much negative talk. I can see why it's not allowed here. But about the shuttle. My county has a service called PalmTran, and it's really convenient. They pick you up at your home and drop you off where you need to be. Just give them a date and time.
Titlescreen idle movie player, play some videos if the player sits on the titlescreen too long! [free plugin]
"Alert, alert, there is nothing there. Wake up, there is nothing there. This is not a drill, there is nothing there. Oh hey, I see you're awake early on your day off, let's go for a run."~if dogs could talk.
I love October. It starts out with a lighthearted chillvibes. Near the end of the month, it becomes somewhat dreamy and the days feel slower. Maybe because October is the beginning of rainy season in my country. :D
Ami
--- Surprise Part 2 ---

F.Healer: Look,i'm the Cute White Ghost!
F.Mage: And,im the Scary Witch!
M.Archer: I'm The Handsome Vampire!
M.Fighter: AWOOOOOOO!!!
(Suddenly,The Electricity Is Turned Off. Then Turned On 10 Seconds Later)
Hero: (With Scream Mask & Bloody Knife) Hey,how about my Costume?
Entire Party: (Screaming Until Faint)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaeger