RPG Maker Forums

The Stranger
The Stranger
I only go to them when I need to. So, only when I expereince pain or I notice a hole. lol. Had one tooth pulled out because the dentist screwed up with the filling he put in and it caused a lot of pain. He wanted to do a root canal, but I just asked him to rip the tooth out and put an end to the problems once and for all.
The Stranger
The Stranger
Got another cavity some time ago, and had it filled by a different dentist. No new teeth related problems have developed since then. xD
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
Yeah I had a back tooth removed not too long ago. That dentist wanted $3,000 to attempt to save it. He wasn't certain it could be saved. Decent dentist, not his fault. I only switched because the whole town burnt to the ground. :kaoback:
The Stranger
The Stranger
LOL! The whole town burnt to the ground? Wasn't you was it? He wanted 3k, and you said "Let me sleep on it, doc." then put the entire town to the torch. xD
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
Haha nah, you can probably look it up though. The whole town of Paradise, California burnt to the ground. Had around 36,000 people in it. Some smaller surrounding towns burnt up as well. They called it the "Camp Fire". Even President Trump flew out to survey the damages.
magnaangemon01
magnaangemon01
I'm not afraid of the dentist. Just can't afford them
Hyouryuu-Na
Hyouryuu-Na
I'm also not afraid of the dentist. Probably because my teeth are pretty healthy and never had to go through scary procedures. Just got my baby teeth removed a bunch of times is all.
Hyouryuu-Na
Hyouryuu-Na
This comment reminds me! Where are my teeth!? I collected all of them :0 Haven't seen that tiny box in so long... Apologies if I sound crazy ^^
Dororo
Dororo
It's not fear, for me. The dentist is the only doctor that seems more interested into lecture you than curing the illness. No surgeon will tell "Mmmh... what a bad bleeding... you should have come to me early and be more carefull of your veins. Why you let that truck hit you?" -WTF, and do this while you're suffering...
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
I figure all of my baby teeth were cleverly embezzled by the "Tooth Fairy" are likely in a landfill somewhere. Maybe if I'm lucky future generations will find them, then use them to make a radioactive clone of me or something. :LZSexcite:

@magnaangemon01 I just never spend money if I don't have to. So I've been saving up, figured pain is worth spending money on fixing though. :LZSwink:
Hyouryuu-Na
Hyouryuu-Na
In my culture, there's no tooth fairy. There used to be a myth like that tho during my parents' time and before. If you put your tooth in a rat's hole, your teeth will be sharp and strong like a rat's (sounds weird) This is sorta forgotten now as times have changed and people aren't as superstitious (and kids just don't believe stuff like this anymore. Also, where to find a rat's hole lol)
Dororo
Dororo
@Hyouryuu-Na : in Italy we mixed both XD. There's a "tooth rat" that bring you money... O_O
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
Truly the world is a strange place, and it tells it's children some really weird stuff... When you think about it. :LZSwink:
Hyouryuu-Na
Hyouryuu-Na
There' another one ^^ Not tooth related though. If you cut your hair and bury it at the foot of a palm tree, your hair will be really long lol. I did that once mainly cause it's something to cross out of a bucket list of sorts XD... :") But even now, my hair just comes down to my upper back. Terrible growth *sigh*
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
I often wonder how these traditions get started, I mean they tell you to cut your hair so it will grow longer... Does nobody ever think that stuff through? Wouldn't it simply be longer if you never cut it at all? :LZSwink:
Hyouryuu-Na
Hyouryuu-Na
That's true. But if someone gets chicken pox or something it's best to shave your whole head and go bald XD Or trim them cause of split ends lol Who knows. For me I just got bald. I was 10 so it was a good time to do it.
Hmm I don't remember clearly. Maybe it was "it makes hair silkier" rather than longer. Maybe I'll ask mom.
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
Haha, well that's fair. Never heard the whole bald thing with Chicken Pox, pretty certain I just ended up saying home for a week or two and went on with my life. Though it was sooooooo very long ago, my memory could be fuzzy on it. :kaoswt:

On a side note, my mouth has been numb for 4 hours now. :kaoback:
Reactions: Dororo
Dororo
Dororo
Well, in my region if a kid feared darkness he should be bathed and scrubbed by catmint (nipitella) branches in front of his family, naked. Obviously that will make you more sensitive of your own fear, with the exact opposite effect. By my father regional folklore intead , you should pee on the older broom of the house...
Hyouryuu-Na
Hyouryuu-Na
@ImaginaryVillain It's not like you have to do it but apparently when you get chicken pox, you suffer from hair fall. So if the patient wants, they can shave it all off and let it grow anew so it'll be healthier next time. Why am I talking about hair lol Just noticed it's getting strange XD
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
Wow er... *coughs * now I just feel boring culturally. I'm not sure that's a bad thing though. :kaoswt:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Honestly. Didn't sleep for a day. ONCE
Hi! I've been working on some character sprites for my pirate themed game.
Still somewhat new to pixel art, so feedback or inputs would be appreciated ^^
TRIVIA: I love Japanese food and culture! I've never been to Japan, but someday I'm going to go to Tokyo and do some touring, including Disneyland Tokyo and DisneySea! And I even prepared myself for earthquake safety.
The virus really doesn't want us to do this GameJam. v .v' Even if we don't meet the deadline because of it, still plan on making it a game we'll release.
Has anybody else noticed in the freebie Sci-fi tilesets that they have a hologram of Cybertron from Transformers?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NekooS2