RPG Maker Forums

ScorchedGround
ScorchedGround
Same to be honest.

The only thing that is kind of a bummer is that they removed sheet-based animations entirely. You will either have to use efekseer or work your way around somehow to be able to use animation sheets after all. Don't get me wrong, I think the 3D animations look awesome, but I don't want to rely on efekseer entirely to create every effect in my game.
Galenmereth
Galenmereth
I concur on the animations. Trying the sample game, the animations really clash with the sheet-based animations of the player party battlers, for instance. It doesn't look right to me at all. I suspect my first plugin will probably have to be a graphical interface for sheet-based animations, because I know I'll want to use that in my own games.
Galenmereth
Galenmereth
I'll also experiment with "faking" effekseer animations to have lower framerates (and pixel scaling) to see if that could work as well, and might go that route depending on outcome.
_Shadow_
_Shadow_
I think though that it has changed for a good reason. I mean, the effects system was not good enough, or maybe they couldn't figure out how to optimize it, roast intended, but in any case, it is a good move nonetheless. What makes me happy is that it seems that it will perform nicely.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I feel so dumb I forgot to set parameters and thought the plugin wasn't working
I can come up with all of the magic skills in the world, but I can hardly think of creative physical weapon skills within the JRPG realm. One of those ones....
It's time for episode 19 of our Make a Cliff Map in RPG Maker MZ... I mean, Make a Game in RPG Maker MZ! Today we're working on our cliff map again. Let's see if we can finish it this time!

A side story is almost getting into the next stage. Almost everything in this game has real-life references.
unfinishedbuildingwip1.jpg
Everyday life is full of absurdity. This is just a reflection.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O-NegativeMess