RPG Maker Forums

Hyouryuu-Na
Hyouryuu-Na
*When you try to follow a unity tutorial and do everything accordingly but the player clips and falls through the floor* :")
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
I've looked into some Unity tutorials.... People really underestimate the complexity of Unity. I get people periodically asking me, "Why don't you just use Unity?"... Clearly those people have never done a Unity tutorial. :LZSwink:
Hyouryuu-Na
Hyouryuu-Na
Ikr :") I literally made up my mind last year to switch to unity. Cause I see a lot of crappy random games in youtube let's plays like 'three random games.' So I was pretty sure I could do it. But I was so wrong :) never knew crappy games took so much effort TT
Hyouryuu-Na
Hyouryuu-Na
I used whatever little skills I had to assemble a 3d scene, made a character from parts from all over the internet :") She was pretty cute too TT But when I tried to put them together in unity... everything fell through the floor X"D I still don't know why :") tried a couple of times then gave up.
HexMozart88
HexMozart88
Yeah, my friend and I are trying to make a Yan Sim clone in Unity, but it turns out we don't know anyone who's proficient in C#, so I'm doing it all by myself and I'm like "Brackeys help me".
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
I think I'd be more likely to use Godot over Unity. Not only can you still use JS (unlike in Unity), but it helps do a lot of underlying stuff for you. So kind of a bridge between the two. Though as I was telling someone else, I've already built so much for RM, it really wouldn't benefit me to start over in that. Still I like to moonlight with it when nobody is looking. :LZSwink:
Hyouryuu-Na
Hyouryuu-Na
I don't understand the interface of any of these 3d engines. I'm just too dumb for this stuff :( :") But yes, I could actually make a character move around in Godot. It was pretty easy but the problem was that Godot lacks all the premade scripts and stuff unity has. If it had a bigger community... ...I realized I couldn't do any of the stuff there I can do with rm so...
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
@HexMozart88 Maybe you should look into Godot then, it does all types of games and if you already know JS, you're good to go. :LZSexcite:
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
@Hyouryuu-Na That's fair and kind of it for why I don't use Godot over RM, as I make more and more scripts here I realize I can make RM do just about anything I want. So Godot doesn't offer me much. As for 3D in general, it requires a lot more Geometry/Trigonometry then 2D. So movement is a lot rougher to program.
HexMozart88
HexMozart88
Sadly, I only know enough to edit stuff, not make my own scripts. I'm about as far in Unity as I am in JavaScript, so it's pretty much a lateral move.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Just finished my first Slip into Ruby since last July! It'll be up and added to the main post tomorrow, along with a new Jump into Javascript.
to pass the time.pngTesting out making boxes and packs of items. These things are always fun to do.
Rural Japan Tiles, Giant Dragon Sprite, Paint Icons? & Game Spicy Pixel Fonts | RPG Maker News #31

just hopped into project recruitment... hoping to maybe find some artists to help with parallax maps and whatnot. I could do them myself, but I'm not really good at it so I'd prefer to stick to my strengths which is character art and SOME UI elements.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wolfspace