RPG Maker Forums

Kes
Kes
Wait, wait, wait. I've been using variables for text in Ace. Do you mean that's not possible in MZ
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
/* Goes back to using MV's variables for strings, functions, objects, etc with no clue what people are talking about. :popcorn: */
nio kasgami
nio kasgami
TECHNICALLY from what Hudell told me you can't?
well supposevly you need to use Text for it which is weird. the way you do is by assigning either via script call or directly using the script option?

not 100% sure tho if it's not the case in MZ imma just fix it pretty easily especially with the new plugincommand Window it will be fairly easy.
Galenmereth
Galenmereth
Isn't that how it works in MV, Ace etc as well though?
nio kasgami
nio kasgami
Yeah tbh script still work? Just think a variable per default should be able to hold any kind of data including string? In editor of courses
TheoAllen
TheoAllen
Nah, it's best to keep it as script call (as it is an advanced technique that belongs to "did you know?"). Because you're going to confuse people. Mainly because, in the editor, you have operand to compare numeric values. How would u do that to non-numeric values?
DoubleX
So are you going to write some QML to let us store any kind of data in editor without writing scripts?
In both MV and MZ 0.9.5, you can't store a decimal as-is as well, you have to store it in the String form then convert it back to a Number upon use. This can be changed by plugins though :)
nio kasgami
nio kasgami
And if you mean qml by forcing the editor to inject code then no xD

As for what u said @TheoAllen you can compare non numerical value pretty easily
By doing

String.tolowercase = otherstring.tolowercase

I think my plan is to add array supports , string and decimals i think its a fair addond which are just extension to the existing one
TheoAllen
TheoAllen
well ok, now go through other numeric operators, like sub, add, multiply, and modulo. For string, array, and objects.
nio kasgami
nio kasgami
? I want to extends it not overwrite it lol. You dont sub module them. Its easy to do taillored plugin command who augment the existing variable management. With the new plugin managenent.
TheoAllen
TheoAllen
Because when you do this.
Just think a variable per default should be able to hold any kind of data including string? In editor of courses
You have to comply. You're talking about default. And the default has numeric operators for numeric values. Now you're "proposing" that it should be able to hold String in the editor.
TheoAllen
TheoAllen
As I said, you're going to confuse people. And it's best to keep it in the realm of script call and "did you know?"
nio kasgami
nio kasgami
Hum maybe ill see how it goes.
Archeia
Archeia
??
Am I misunderstanding your issue?
DoubleX
@nio kasgami means that the editor UI doesn't have the native string/array/object/etc option(even though putting the string into the script call is the same thing), and he/she thinks that it's weird, of course he/she needs to ensure the issues pointed out by @TheoAllen won't manifest as well :)
Archeia
Archeia
You can have a string though? Script is what it's for. It's been like this since VX
Reactions: Shaz
nio kasgami
nio kasgami
I know as it was discussed previously this what Hudell told me lol. (I always though you could Natively use string) but then after discovered we had to script. (Bear with me it's like 3 years I did open RPG Maker XD)
@Archeia
I just want to add some more functionality to the Game_Variables ...as pretty much just some QOL? since everything is pretty douable now with the new PluginCommand system.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

People3_3 and People3_4 added!

does there exist a word for a state of being that is between "living" and (not "dead", but ...) "not living" .... does that make sense, or do I just sound like Im high for something :[ ?
Hope you are all fine today~
Moderators, you must have so much patience to be able to deal with everything. I mod in a server of sorts and today we just got a message, which, despite it's helpful constructive criticism, basically stated that all of the mods were jerks and that was the only reason our server was unlikeable. So, thank you, for having patience. You are appreciated! :kaoluv:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olixproductions