RPG Maker Forums

Hyouryuu-Na
Hyouryuu-Na
Not really neglected. They're old engines and people tend to upgrade to newer engines over time because they have more functions and more support. MZ came, now you will see MV getting more and more 'neglected' as time goes by. But regardless, many people still prefer to use engines they're comfortable with. That's why many still use 2k/2k3/XP to this day.
Candacis
Candacis
VX/VX Ace was huge when it was the newest engine, but it is now 8 years old
Leokids
Leokids
Hyouryuu-Na. Ah. I Said a Little Neglected to Those Engines Because They didnt Have More Support Than MV And MZ.
Leokids
Leokids
Candacis. Why?
Candacis
Candacis
What, why? My comment wasn't intended as mean-spirited. Time moves on, people like to work with the engines that are currently supported, but doesn't mean older engines don't have their merits. For instance, they normally have a wealth of resources people made for it over the years. XP still has a big following.
Kes
Kes
I use VX Ace, but I wouldn't touch VX with a barge pole. Ace was brought out to remove a number of horrible problems with VX. There is now literally no reason to use VX unless you really, really want to. So I can see why it's neglected.
I never have problems getting support for my Ace questions.
Leokids
Leokids
I Know it Isnt Mean-Sprited But im Really Angry at What you said. Candacis.
Leokids
Leokids
@Kes I Said Both VX And VX Ace Because They are a Little Neglected.
Leokids
mlogan
mlogan
There is no reason to be even a little angry at Candacis, much less really angry. She just stated fact. VX Ace was released 8 years ago. MV was released almost 5 years ago. People upgrade to new systems to get a better product. When the majority of RM users moved to MV, most of the support moved there as well - simply because, there were fewer people using Ace. Nothing to be angry about, it's just how things work.
Leokids
Leokids
Hyouryuu-Na
Hyouryuu-Na
@Leokids That's just how things are. When a new engine arrives, it's usually better than the old one as many bugs are fixed, newer features are added. People love new stuff so they move to the newer engine. That means, there's fewer people to contribute to older engines.
Leokids
Leokids
Well

STOP MOVING INTO NEWER ENGINES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I HATE IT!
Leokids
Leokids
OR NOT?:mad::kaomad2::yamero::ewat::ewat::ewat::ewat::ewat::ewat::asrs::asrs::asrs::asrs::asrs:
Hyouryuu-Na
Hyouryuu-Na
It doesn't matter if you hate it XD People will do what they think is good for themselves. And if they think their game development will go smoothly if they move to newer engines, they will. There's no point in getting mad at this, really.
zerobeat032
zerobeat032
yeah, they're things I can do in MV that I can't do with VXAce or not as easily. and now seeing some MZ stuff, I'm like wow... they crammed 10 MV plugins into 1, WITH extras... along with the most likely performance upgrades and whatnot. BUT, like it seems you're sticking with VXAce, I'm sticking with MV because it has everything I need to make the game I wanna make.
lianderson
lianderson
Use what works best with your game mortal! I am currently learning the MV and it is most murda, but I shall continue my service to the ACE of VX for my prior creation is still being updated! We are all warped knives that stab to our own accord. Have a nice day human!
Bastrophian
Bastrophian
Personally, Im probably going to pass on MZ, for lauch at least.... gunna suck to miss out on the discount, but since its basically the same as MV (other than the main big features like the new animation system, updated char gen, the psudo re-written core, and map layers... all of which I dont care that much about.) why upgrade :< .... cuz new arts? Actually, thats a pretty tantalizing reason, honestly.
Hyouryuu-Na
Hyouryuu-Na
I'm also sticking with MV. I use Quxios' pixel movement system and he's left the RM community sadly :( Don't know if MZ will have such a perfect pixel movement plugin... Plus it'll be a pain to switch at this point in development. Wonder what other lazy people are going to do

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

While we prepare the official trailer, enjoy this kind-of-second teaser! ^^
-Ele
New Episodes of RPG Shenanigans Uploaded to Youtube!

Episode 5 - Surprise Party!
Youtube Link:
Episode 6 - Killer Gin
Youtube Link:
Episode 7 - Gaia's Melody: Echoed Melodies
(Coming soon!)

Episode 8 - Clarent Saga: Tactics
(Coming soon!)

Episode 9 - Star Shift
(Coming soon!)
When the Map Generator throws in the assets in the most dumbest way possible - your path is blocked :D

I went to sleep at 3 am because of my anxiety. Set up my alarm for 7 am so that I could have sasagues for breakfast and do morning routine before lessons starts at 8 am. I knew I wouldn't be able to sleep even after my lessons finished because I have to visit my grandparents today I was sad bc I was really tired. Thats when I realised. My lesson starts at 9 am. I could get one extra hour of sleep if I didnt forget it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WDRS