RPG Maker Forums

ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
Huh, are you actually changing the tiles to reveal the map? Or is it just a lighting thing? Kind of had me curious when I saw the sudden FPS drops, like a lot of calculations are going on behind the scenes.
Eliaquim
Eliaquim
Hi! The fps drops are probably because of the screen recorder. While I'm playing it stays at 60 fps.
No, I'm not changing tiles. The plugin creates a dark sprite for each tile(that are marked with a region), and when the player is getting close, the sprite hides.
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
Ah that's an interesting way to do it. You know you could probably achieve a much more rounded natural effect with a lighting plugin and just turning on lights if the player is within a certain distance of them. But turning them off again if they're off the screen. That's basically what I do with my game, except I despawn/spawn them based on the player's position.
Eliaquim
Eliaquim
I know what you are talking about, but this plugin is not about a light plugin. It's a try to replicate something like Fatal Labyrinth
The thing with this system is really revealing spots and leave them revealed after the player walks in there. The distance(in tiles) can be adjusted by variables.
Eliaquim
Eliaquim
I think a rounded effect can apply if it is not related by tile per tile. I have tried it here and it looks weird, at least for revealing instantly. But when I turn to reveal gradually, it looks better. But it really gets better if it is not tile by tile.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Daz3D has the weirdest number scheme for model generations...
Genesis 4 is the 4th generation and oldest currently available, Genesis 1 is the 5th generation, Genesis 2 is the 6th, 3 is the 7th.... And then it goes Genesis 8. So 4, 1, 2, 3, 8. So when looking through there store you have to remember that sometimes they'll say 6 but they mean 3, and vice versa. :kaoswt:
Would opening a topic with the tutorial be interesting?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lutznator