RPG Maker Forums

??????
??????

Not happy with how it looks at all, and the light doesnt get blocked for things that your character is above (in terms of map y position). I think to get something I'd be happy with I'd have to write a pretty complex system, not sure I want to do that yet, but maybe... :D
??????
??????
The particle effect also doesnt look as good in mv as it does in mz, something is different in the new pizi that just makes it look so much better!! Gonna wait till I have an editor for mz to be able to test it efficiently then might do some more tests :p
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
Reactions: ??????
??????
??????
Nah, its all good, I can wait 4 days... I mean, I could spend time getting mv to work with pixi 5 to test this, or I could finish more systems for mz. Choice is clear to me :p
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
Entirely fair. I'm pretty much waiting till the trial is out (supposely on the 20th). Then I'll toss my plugins into it and see what pops. Probably not much, I usually just go around MV's garbage high quality programming and rely on PIXI directly. I'm also super curious to see how heavy the VS core plugins will be. :kaoswt:
  • Haha
??????
??????
I sold some old cs:go skins (a knife and awp (sniper)) for like $120. Basically a free pre-order for me :D
I havent used another persons plugin/script for ages!! I normally just try code things out myself, but its much harder to actually finish a game that way :(
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
Yeah er... um... There's just not enough hours in the day for me to code everything I want from scratch. I'd never get done! :kaoback: Imagine coding something like QMovement myself, haha... nah. I will settle for having the most powerful map creator/renderer in the community., and some assorted PIXI plugins. Everybody else can do the rest of the plugin work for me. :troll: :thumbsup-right:
  • Haha
??????
??????
I've honestly no idea what even Qmovement is. I'm guessing its a menu system or something? :p
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
It's a pixel movement/collider system, basically the best MV has. It's pretty necessary if you want to avoid being stuck with a grid. Also it's almost 4,000 lines of code.... Not going to lie, I like the idea of someone else coding 4,000 lines of code for me, instead of me having to. :LZSwink:
  • Haha
??????
??????
lol yea, thats fair. I guess the games I always try to make are so far removed from the typical RM game that most plugins arent really usable for me so I have to write my own.
Kupotepo
Kupotepo
When we can play test for you? For free or sale up to you, I am here to testing if you would like too.
Wavelength
Wavelength
That music is freaking me out!! But very cool lighting effect. Is the blue-ish mountain terrain "below" (to the south of) the player blocking out the lighting circle, or is it just blending with it?
??????
??????
That'd be 'water', and yea its just blending with it. If I end up making a proper lighting system then I'd want walls etc to block light - similar to khas lighting for ace (if you know it). But for a plugin that took maybe 15 minutes total, I'm happy with whats there atm :D
I hope to have a playable demo soon, idk with regards to when the plugins will be released. Sometime after mz release for sure.
Wavelength
Wavelength
" the blue-ish mountain terrain " - Wave
" That'd be 'water' " - Dekita
And all of a sudden, the entire community understood how bad Wave is at pretty much every visual recognition skill a person can have.
  • Haha
??????
??????
Nah, its a fair mistake cause of the lighting I think, its much more clear when the map is 'normal' :D
??????
??????
@Kes Did I win? I feel like I won!
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
Wow! That's actually pretty sweet. Though you probably want to make a new status about it, almost nobody ever looks back at old status updates.
  • Haha
Kes
Kes
I'd say you've won hands down! That is truly excellent.
  • Love
??????
??????
I've been fiddling with things more, and got the casting effect when you go around corners much smoother. (the light source wasn't in center of the character in the clip) ((also - both mv and mz compatible))

I would have made a new status about it, but I'm already at my daily allocated quota for flexing, will have to wait till tomorrow :(

side note:

This gap is thicc!!
Kes
Kes
The only thing lacking is lighting up the walls that are next to the player. They wouldn't be dark.
  • Haha

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Honestly. Didn't sleep for a day. ONCE
Hi! I've been working on some character sprites for my pirate themed game.
Still somewhat new to pixel art, so feedback or inputs would be appreciated ^^
TRIVIA: I love Japanese food and culture! I've never been to Japan, but someday I'm going to go to Tokyo and do some touring, including Disneyland Tokyo and DisneySea! And I even prepared myself for earthquake safety.
The virus really doesn't want us to do this GameJam. v .v' Even if we don't meet the deadline because of it, still plan on making it a game we'll release.
Has anybody else noticed in the freebie Sci-fi tilesets that they have a hologram of Cybertron from Transformers?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LegendXRonin