RPG Maker Forums

ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
It only exports to web, so we have to use a 3rd party wrapper for it. M "3rd Party" Z
//goes to install Effekseer, the VisuStella plugins, along with a web wrapper :LZSwink:
Xane
Xane
@ImaginaryVillain Well if they didn't change the damn standard for porting to android and iOS every other day this wouldn't be so much of an issue anymore.:hsad: (Obviously there's the real reasons for it)
:vxmegane:
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
Haha yeah, I don't even blame them for it. Just memeing on them because it's kind of funny. Honestly every one of MV's non-Windows export options (besides Mac which I never tried) requires additional work to actually do what it's supposed to. Probably better that they simplified it by removing Android and IOS from the list and are just using Web.
Xane
Xane
Well I can forget any iOS ports because I don't have a Mac and Apple's app store doesn't support any unsigned store apps like Android does. Which I guess is a blessing and a curse. I don't really like a lot of Apple's decisions but I do trust their values on Privacy and Security more then Android right now. That being said, you can get around this by hosting the game on a web server. haha
Eliaquim
Eliaquim
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
@Xane I think we can all agree, there's no world my game is ever going to work on a web server. :LZSwink:Honestly I'm not sure it would even work on Android despite an overwhelming amount of optimization. But I still have delusions of one day. :kaoback:
Xane
Xane
@ImaginaryVillain I remember uploading a game on a personal dummy server I made a long time ago when MV was first released. But this was years ago.. Porting to android shouldn't be too difficult since you're just wrapping it with Android Studio's SDK. Message me sometime if you're attempting to port it. It'll give me something to practice haha
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
Thanks! Though I admit my concern is not really can if I package it into an APK wrapper but more if my game will explode people's phones. :kaoswt:
Xane
Xane
@ImaginaryVillain Isn't most MV projects just bloated because of files they don't need? :kaosigh: I miss when you could just go in the .ini file like for your XP-ACE project folder and take out the RTP line and boom. MV is a much more tedious process.
Shaz
Shaz
@ImaginaryVillain - other people's games will be okay. YOUR game will explode people's phones. Have you forgotten how many sparkles you put in there?!
Xane
Xane
@Shaz it's because the sparkles get stuck inside the actual phone. And we all know sparkles mean boom boom when it comes to electronics or am I thinking of sparks? I'm way too tired... but not tired enough for SPARKLING SPARKS!
Shaz
Shaz
Exactly right! And don't anybody try and play that game while standing next to a microwave! :oops:
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
//Person's phone explodes playing his game.
//Pulls out a phone stamp with an X over and stamps it on the the wall. :kaopride:
Great success! :LZSexcite:
Reactions: Xane
Xane
Xane
@ImaginaryVillain lets be honest though.. is their phone truly a phone if it can’t handle an RM game under full load? I’d get my $1000 back for that device real quick. Not the $80 from the engine. Haha:LZSwink:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Just finished composing a boss battle theme!
Scripted a multi-variable weather system that randomizes wind speed, cloudiness, rain, fogginess, etc, while attempting to realistically account for interactions between them (e.g. wind speed affects fogginess, cloudiness affects rain, etc), the current weather pattern, and the player's biome e.g. swamp, beach, etc. Now I "just" have to tie visuals and sounds to the variables so stuff actually happens...
I'm having a headache balancing the combat using flat defense so I'm gonna use percentual armor, in this pic, Simon has 16 on Defense which means all the incoming damage will be reduced by 16% this will ease my burden a bit.
!Have a nice day everybody¡
SO glad they patched outer worlds for switch! I can finally play it! Weird that other peeps are still having issues. I know it was really chugging on my lite when it first came out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Itsa_Me_Birbbato