Shaz
Who would ever use that many? :D
rechronicle
rechronicle
damage cap over 999!
Is it unlimited now? :oops:
The Stranger
The Stranger
@Shaz Quite a few people claim to need more than 999 maps. Not sure if they actually do need that many, or if it's just them wanting that many. It's their project, though. lol.
richter_h
richter_h
Like Shaz said, who would ever use maps that many? :guffaw:
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
I swear it's like 3-4 people I see posting everywhere that need that. I'm just trying to imagine wanting to play through a game with 999+ maps. :kaoback:
The Stranger
The Stranger
I imagine many of the maps are useless empty space. xD Still, you never know if someone truly does need 2000 maps. lol.
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
2000 maps = A game so long, only it's dev could love it. :LZSwink:
Dungeonmind
Ksi
Ksi
It does cap their size out at under 300 tiles (to be fair, larger is just begging for lag, but still).
Zeriab
Zeriab
@Shaz I suspectExtraMaps plugin for MV has been useful for like 2 or 3 devs over the years. I.e. very few actually reach the limit.
Imo the real benefit is that this removes the fear some devs have about reaching the 999 limit.

@Ksi Yeah, map size limit is 256x256
Shaz
Shaz
lol - I'd be more afraid that my game would need that many maps. Granted, mine isn't a 100-hour, or even 30-hour game, so ...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I get scam calls all the time so today I gave them a piece of my mind. They hung up on me. Sweet revenge.
There’s a beehive in my wall
Just finished my midterms! Freedom! Alright, back to gamedev!
I confirmed my train ticket yesterday. I'll be heading to Orlando on the 29th... last time I went, I found this little treasure!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infusa