RPG Maker Forums

padr81
Fwiw, I completely agree with the sentiment though, its sucks other programmers have kinda been left in such a horrible position but Visustella sadly have to worry about too many code thieves and the whole community suffer as a result.
Ksi
Ksi
Again, I'm not a mod mod. I'm a mod mod mod. I don't police the forums. I don't deal with reports, I don't approve or deny anything. I'm not as all powerful as you seem to believe. I have no power over you! :oOOO
Mod mod mod != mod mod, ya know?

I'm also not going to apologise just because someone read something in a way that they got upset. **** that. I gave an explanation, take it or leave it.
padr81
You have a moderator tag, thats enough. I understand stuff irritates you, but I'll use myself as an example. I have a 13 year old daughter who regularly browses this forum, how does it come across when someone with a tag that says "moderator" speaks like that. I have no clue of your power level.
Ksi
Ksi
Oh no, she has tons of stars in her post!
That's what swear filters are for - to protect your 13 year old child from the big bad swears. Never fear, I've tested them extensively and made sure words like ****, ****, ****stain, *******, ****nugget and all other such won't get through. She's safe. you're welcome.

I think that's about the only thing I've done here, tbh. Bar an event a few years back. hm...
padr81
What would happen to her if she followed you example in threads? You can be sarcastic and petty, your point was right but your behavior was wrong and reflects poorly on the forum staff and Degica. Don't apologize if you don't wanna, your call really. But its gonna look really poor next time someone is banned for being ranty and swearing at moderators.
Ksi
Ksi
For serious, though. I don't really care if your 13 year old sees a mod calling people out for being entitled and expecting other people to give up their hard work for people to make use of, nor telling people to get off their asses and do the work themselves instead of *****ing. That can only point out to her that nothing comes for ****ing free in life and that even hobbies require hard work to get anywhere.
ex0rc1sm
ex0rc1sm
The swearing is not a big deal in my opinion, but having a hissy fit towards a user for not agreeing with you? A very embarrassing display.
Ksi
Ksi
Well, for one, her post would be full of stars. It's why we have a swear filter. Also, trust in your parenting to have taught her how to ****ing react to others, maybe? You're her parent, not me. Go parent.
_Shadow_
_Shadow_
@ padr81 Speaks like what? She is just testing our filter. No, not really. :p If you are SO protective with your daughter she shouldn't know what Ksi typed. If she does, shame on YOU! :)Having a 13 years old daughter is a straw man argument even when this is a PG-13 forum.
_Shadow_
_Shadow_

Can everyone calm down a bit please?

padr81
My daughter knows all those things already and she learned them without me swearing at her. As have many, many people. Like I said I probably speak just like you irl or in private discord servers but one should be aware of their surroundings. Your call, you do you.
padr81
I don't think anyone isn't calm. Not my forum, you guys do you. With no use of the forum to learn, I'll be refunding her MZ as my own game is MV.
_Shadow_
_Shadow_
Aside the jokes and humor, @padr81, of course the kid KNOWS those words, you can not protect her from society and tv. And that isn't bad parenting. It is just that your argument is bad. IMHO you should stick with the personal 'I don't like seeing a mod swearing' even filtered. Can we stop this though at least for now?
padr81
Of course dude, I don't even have issue with KSI, she is who she is. I was just offering my opinion. Nothing more, nothing less, but I will be removing my daughter from the site and the community. It's all good, I don't hold grudges or get mad. I agree with KSI's sentiment in general.
_Shadow_
_Shadow_
Err... sorry if this will come as a surprise, but if Degica lose your money, has nothing to do with Ksi or me. Moderators are volunteers. But staff members (who actually work for Degica) should get notice. There are forum rules @padr81, one rule is this: You got a problem with a moderator? Report to a global mod or an admin or staff member. You choose. You don't argue with a moderator.
_Shadow_
_Shadow_
Of course you are not into any trouble, this is a very civilized conversation, thus I suggest you @padr81 to report Ksi or PM a global mod or an admin.
The Stranger
The Stranger
@_Shadow_ Is he arguing with a moderator? Looks like he's just replying to you.
_Shadow_
_Shadow_
To me? I was refering to his replies to @Ksi not mine.
padr81
It doesn't come a surprise. I'll be removing her because "I" now deem this forum beyond what I want her to interact with. My decision based purely on what I have seen this morning. This simply isn't a forum or community suitable for my kid or that I feel she is ready to be a part of imho. So please don't think I'm trying to get you guys in trouble. I'm not. Anyway I got work to do so have a good day.
_Shadow_
_Shadow_
This board IS actually a PG13 and I am very sad to hear you decided that. I will send a PM to you don't rush your decision.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

BRIEF HISTORY OF MY GAME SO FAR
June 2019 - My friend (let's call him G) says he wants to make a game
later- it's really bad and angsty
laterer - He gives up

EARLY 2020 - I suggest trying again, G says yes
slightly later - G gives up and gives me the whole idea
LATE 2020 - I finish the script's first draft. G doesn't like it

And that's where we stand!
To get validation for all your hard work feels amazing.

Studio Blue did a video on Collector and enjoyed it a lot. I expected them to rip it to shreds, but the gameplay went (mostly) well.

There are things I can improve, but they said my game "oozes Mike Pondsmith" (he's the creator of the Cyberpunk 2020 ttrpg, which precedes Cyberpunk 2077). I was shocked to hear such a compliment! :kaopride:
People3_3 and People3_4 added!

does there exist a word for a state of being that is between "living" and (not "dead", but ...) "not living" .... does that make sense, or do I just sound like Im high for something :[ ?
Hope you are all fine today~

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
weissblueter