RPG Maker Forums

ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
On the plus side, at least you won't be bored. :LZSwink: Not going to lie, I looked into doing exactly this long ago (before I knew enough about JS to actually do it). In the end, I went a very different route for infinite maps. But I want to see the succeed anyway, it would be super cool. :LZSexcite:
Reactions: Sigony
Sigony
Sigony
Oh, that's interesting, what did you do instead?
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
Oh, I opted instead to simply recycle completely blank maps and spawn in everything. But only render what's on the screen for the player. Everything else is stored in arrays and is put back in just off screen if the player gets close enough, or removed if they're too far away. Basically creating a bubble around the player and making them think their world is solid. :popcorn:
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
It's a lot of why my game can be so graphically crazy, I just have more resources available at any given time than normal people. But the downside is, the game has to be made out of events. The upside is it doesn't matter how big a map is, only the density of what's happening on the screen.
Sigony
Sigony
That's clever. Thought provoking. ("****, why didn't I think of that").
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
Well I mean the route you're going has the upside of letting someone just copy a regular tilemap. Which would be super easy and anybody could use. What I'm doing is likely too complicated for a normal user. To do that with what I'm doing, you'd need to use Shaz's Tile Changer to do a gross around of events. It would be very CPU intensive (I know I actually tried it)....

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Let's promote our amazing artists in RPG Maker community! I posted right now about my game Phil Alone on Twitter and I decided to thanks Lime Zu, the amazing artist that did all the pixel assets for my game!
I just realised that the reason behind me not being able to make a game may be the lack of my original resources. I just dont like the look of MV faces and sprites, lol. Guess I will have make my own art.
I'm posting a commission art soon! :kaoswt2:
So here's a fun/tragic fact about me: I have an awful memory. But to be correct, I have memory "leaks". My memory is actually amazing, my issue is I can't keep memories for long, in fact, I once forgot my name. :kaoswt2:
The neighbourhood cats brought me a kitten today. They sat him on the step and semi-circled him. He's adorable, but now I gotta find somewhere for him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wiliamsons