RPG Maker Forums

Eliaquim
Eliaquim
I know that I'm not own the forum, so I have to follow your rules. I understand that but, it was not about right or wrong, but how I fell. And when you guys closed that without a warning, it makes me fell censored to talk about my feelings, on this community. :(
slimmmeiske2
slimmmeiske2
Yeah, sorry dude. I know you might not have meant to talk about them that much, but it definitely read that way, hence my observation. I mean comments were all about it too. :/
Touchfuzzy
Touchfuzzy
Hey, I closed it because the whole subject is getting really heated right now. It isn't that no one can have opinions, it is that I think we've all been burnt out on it right now and we can use a little distance for perspective.
Touchfuzzy
Touchfuzzy
And I mean that for everyone. Just some distance to gain some perspective on the news and how things are changing, and then maybe we can discuss it with less vitriol, but that isn't what is happening right now. It wasn't about your opening post entirely it was about how the entire thread was going.
TheoAllen
TheoAllen
I prefer the forum to just drop this kind of topic, to be honest. Let's get back on making a topic about game mechanics, general design discussion, support questions, and such. It contributes nothing.
slimmmeiske2
slimmmeiske2
Like I said I do believe you just wanted to discuss the community, but because that part was near the bottom of your post and the first 80/90% was about Yanfly & Visustella, most comments focused on that.
Eliaquim
Eliaquim
DoubleX
@Touchfuzzy I'd say that, these vitriol aren't going to be stopped just by closing topics, and in fact it can further those vitriol, because it gives an(perhaps wrong) impression that the RM officials are protecting VisuStella, especially due to the double roles of Archeia, so keep locking such topics will only make more and more of them appearing...
DoubleX
I'd say that, these vitriol will last for at least several weeks, because many plugin users used to be too dependent on Yanfly works need time to use a different approach on using plugins, fellow plugin developers need time to figure out the new relationships with VisuStella, and those writing many plugins depending on Yanfly ones might even have to consider joining VisuStella(and possibly get paid) :)
Touchfuzzy
Touchfuzzy
If any topic on this board got as bad as this one did, especially when it involves heavily criticizing members of the forum, I'd shut it down at least temporarily.

I just don't like the vibes of it.
DoubleX
Then you'll have to be prepared to keep closing more and more such topics for at least several weeks, and I hope that the sheer amount of workload won't cause you to overwork yourself too much :)
Eliaquim
Eliaquim
@Touchfuzzy Well that is your call. But,
If any topic on this board got as bad as this one did, especially when it involves heavily criticizing members of the forum
I don't get it. It's so frustrating being misunderstood.
Eliaquim
Eliaquim
Where I disrespect someone in my thread? And where my thread got bad as you say? I just know that you guys close the thread for other reasons. But, did you really think that I criticize a member, or did I make an offensive post? Or do you guys are talking about the entire thread and not just my posts?
DoubleX
I think what @Touchfuzzy means is that, while your post and replies themselves are legitimate, it's all too easy to lure those behaving in ways potentially violating tons of forum rules, because of the exceptionally high sensitivity present on many of those having strong opinions on the VisuStella policy, and he believes that a tough but temporary measure is needed to contain the vitriol.
Eliaquim
Eliaquim
Ohh, @DoubleX I get it now. Thanks for clarifying. So if it is that, @Touchfuzzy can let it go my comment above.
Touchfuzzy
Touchfuzzy
Yeah what @DoubleX said, it wasn't about your post it was about the topic as a whole on the forum. It's gotten too nasty too fast and I just want everyone to take a breather :). It wasn't about your actions at all.
Kupotepo
Kupotepo
@Touchfuzzy, I think @Eliaquim feel like the change is too quickly. PTSD feeling. If you would like to @Eliaquim calm, you should talk to him more on the discord lol.
Kupotepo
Kupotepo
Feeling is irrational and people will get angry. The plugin creators mostly. The users will do not put much emotions in the changes. If we find the bugs, we feel panic more than angry.
Kupotepo
Kupotepo
@Touchfuzzy, if plugin makers feel uncomfortable, should they send direct messages to them. I feel like it private issue and understanding.
Touchfuzzy
Touchfuzzy
I just think we should take a step back and let things play out for a bit. I think most of yesterday was kneejerk reactions. It would just be better if we understand the process over time. Anyone who wants to make compatibility patches just has to ask them in their discord, it really is that easy. I've watched them respond to people asking already.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Just finished composing a boss battle theme!
Scripted a multi-variable weather system that randomizes wind speed, cloudiness, rain, fogginess, etc, while attempting to realistically account for interactions between them (e.g. wind speed affects fogginess, cloudiness affects rain, etc), the current weather pattern, and the player's biome e.g. swamp, beach, etc. Now I "just" have to tie visuals and sounds to the variables so stuff actually happens...
I'm having a headache balancing the combat using flat defense so I'm gonna use percentual armor, in this pic, Simon has 16 on Defense which means all the incoming damage will be reduced by 16% this will ease my burden a bit.
!Have a nice day everybody¡
SO glad they patched outer worlds for switch! I can finally play it! Weird that other peeps are still having issues. I know it was really chugging on my lite when it first came out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Itsa_Me_Birbbato