RPG Maker Forums

Eliaquim
Eliaquim
Do you mean, rewriting the base code from MV? If it was that, don't mind! Because the codes are almost the same(core, objects, managers etc..) :)
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
It's going to be a very long time before MZ does half of what MV does. I don't see why anybody is in a hurry to join the MZ train. Unless you're looking to become plugin or YouTube "famous" from the hype of it. From a game Dev standpoint it's currently pretty bad.
Kupotepo
Kupotepo
lol, it is nothing to rush. The bugs are still getting discover. Many people still wait for the MV plugins to convert into MZ. So it is a lot of works to make it wonderful.
boringprotagonist
boringprotagonist
@Eliaquim thats a relief! I heard it comes with plugin making manual too. Are you joining the MZ train, Eli?

@ImaginaryVillain youre right, it will take a while for MZ to have plugin numbers like MV has. Devs are excited tho, some are joining together like visustella. Your project is awesome btw!
boringprotagonist
boringprotagonist
@Kupotepo yeah MZ is still very young lol, but maybeee since people are excited with new toy + have enough time because of covid. We will have more than enough plugins/materials soon. Are you joining the MZ train?
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
Thanks! I've been slaving away working on it for awhile now send help everything is fine, nobody is keeping me hostage until it's finished. :kaoswt:

As for the excitement, yeah it's pretty infectious. I know I've poked around with the trial and even ported a couple of plugins. I wouldn't blame anybody for jumping on the hype train. Unless they actually want to finish their game someday. :LZSwink:
Eliaquim
Eliaquim
Not yet, at least for game development. But I will do some plugins for MZ. I'm just finishing my MV ones ^^
Kupotepo
Kupotepo
@boringprotagonist, I bought the MZ in the last day. Their marketing is doing great job at selling the ice to Eskimos. Afterwards infighting in the community is really making uncomfortable and less exciting.
If you do not want to get now, you can download the free trial.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Hmmmm... how many xrays til I get super powers?
..of the major old school series that began in the 80s- early 90s, I still haven't beaten 'a' Zelda game. Mario 64 was the first Mario I've beaten. I don't know if I should give that honor to Link to the Past or A Link Between Worlds(I currently own both). Well technically I've haven't beaten a Sonic either (Game Genie doesn't count =P).
headshot_headinfo.jpg
Time to add the "headshot" concept into the game so that people may actually aim at the heads when shooting zombies and get massive damage and armor-pen bonus as rewards. :kaojoy:
(The red area is just for visually debug purposes right now. But, it's possible that I will add something that displays the weak spots of enemies in the future.)
Worked on a cutscene skip domino effect using Maker Systems' script as the basis. Basically if I have a batch of cutscenes in a row on different maps, now when you skip one cutscene it will skip the entire set. No more spamming X to skip a scene every new map.

Oh and it will work regardless of where you do it from in the set. Convenient!
seems absolutely WILD to me now all the hundreds of hours of work I used to do in 2k(3) over a decade ago with a resolution of 320x240. that seems so insanely TINY now, seemed so normal at the time!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rexas