RPG Maker Forums

ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
So that's the plan, make a random world generator. Check...Use a Plot Generator.... Now I just need something to design mechanics for me.... Soon I'll be cranking out generic games and I'll be the EA of RM! :LZSexcite:
RCXDan
RCXDan
Someday robots will get so good at writing they'll be making their own games with this kind of tech.
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
No we they won't, isn't that right... Fellow humans? :kaoswt:
Sigony
Sigony
Ngl, I've been working on a game that randomly generates dimensions, each with a plot. It definitely requires some compromise to each plot, but I think it will be pretty mint 3 years from now.
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
Yeah, it turns out randomly generated stuff is much harder to make fantastic plots around. But wow does it speed up dev time. :LZSexcite:
Reactions: Sigony
Sigony
Sigony
Testing is tough though, because you can't just test it, you need to comprehend every possible combination and permutation, and know that every one will work together.
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
I mean you can run tests. Sure you'll never test every possible combination. But if you do a reasonable amount of testing and it doesn't have problems then it's likely okay. My plan for plot is to simply create NPCs with contained plots, if that NPC spawns in then it spawns in whatever else it needs and runs that particular plot point. Then it clears itself when it's all done.
Reactions: Sigony

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Well that was three hours of work down the drain, because GIMP froze and I forgot to save anything.
for who interested in a example boilerplate pixijs with snowpack , i made a branch with pixijs .
Web and Desktop, nwjs is not required.
https://github.com/nwutils/SnowPack-nw/tree/PixiJs
I definitely give up Parcel bundler !
I wonder how many amazing games from the Completed Game/Games In Development forums that I just passed only because of an uninteresting title.

Doing more paralaxing. It isn't much, but it looks a lot less blocky now :)
aww these times when you feel alone, abandonned and lack the self awareness you don't even read anymore your favorite of all forum. Sorry all!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
segit