RPG Maker Forums

Ksi
Ksi
Honestly? The best way to do it is to playtest test test.

There's a lot of people out there who are happy to help with that, if you ask. Not sure if there's a thread around here for it, but I'm sure a quick search will pull something up. But yeah, testing is the way to go.
Ksi
Ksi
Some tips though!
- Healing should heal more than a normal enemy can take off you x2-3 (for low healing).
- Money dropped by one pack of enemies should be able to cover the cost of at least half your item healing spent for the battle.
- Trash mobs shouldn't hit more than 50% of your life. The more in a group, the less damage they should do.
- Never, ever, ever use full-party autokills (like, say, paralysis).
Ksi
Ksi
General rule of thumb, though, is that if an enemy is hard for you, it's gonna be a lot harder for the player because they don't know the optimal strategy for taking it down.
Ragpuppy87
Ragpuppy87
There really is no magical formula. Playtest until it feels right.
If possible have someone else playtest as well.

If you have a favorite RPG, play it again.
Study the difficulty.
At the very beginning how many hits does it take to KO an enemy?
What attacks do they use?
Do that throughout the game.
If an enemy appears towards the middle of your game, study mid game enemies of the RPG you are playing.
Ragpuppy87
Ragpuppy87
If an enemy appears towards the middle of your game, study mid game enemies of the RPG you are playing.
Pay attention and then playtest your game until it feels similar.
Keep equipment stats in mind as well.
Do that and you'll have a place to start at least.
From there just fine tune it until it feels right to you.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Aaaaand I completely forgot about the RMMV Chicken Rave my brother decided to implement in a parody of my VERY FIRST UNFINISHED project. We could not escape the chicken rave... The chickens would block the ladder...
I love how I can look up a problem I'm having with my game, find a post from like six years ago that addresses the issue, and the solution provided still works in RPG Maker.
It's times like those that my life feels really easy XD
Change costumes with equipment!
When you're forced to make a tutorial for something obvious.
246907756_284595507001402_2098549601125689312_n.jpg
one dislike. tragic really ofended me bruh

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eggin