RPG Maker Forums

Ksi
Ksi
Honestly? The best way to do it is to playtest test test.

There's a lot of people out there who are happy to help with that, if you ask. Not sure if there's a thread around here for it, but I'm sure a quick search will pull something up. But yeah, testing is the way to go.
Ksi
Ksi
Some tips though!
- Healing should heal more than a normal enemy can take off you x2-3 (for low healing).
- Money dropped by one pack of enemies should be able to cover the cost of at least half your item healing spent for the battle.
- Trash mobs shouldn't hit more than 50% of your life. The more in a group, the less damage they should do.
- Never, ever, ever use full-party autokills (like, say, paralysis).
Ksi
Ksi
General rule of thumb, though, is that if an enemy is hard for you, it's gonna be a lot harder for the player because they don't know the optimal strategy for taking it down.
Ragpuppy87
Ragpuppy87
There really is no magical formula. Playtest until it feels right.
If possible have someone else playtest as well.

If you have a favorite RPG, play it again.
Study the difficulty.
At the very beginning how many hits does it take to KO an enemy?
What attacks do they use?
Do that throughout the game.
If an enemy appears towards the middle of your game, study mid game enemies of the RPG you are playing.
Ragpuppy87
Ragpuppy87
If an enemy appears towards the middle of your game, study mid game enemies of the RPG you are playing.
Pay attention and then playtest your game until it feels similar.
Keep equipment stats in mind as well.
Do that and you'll have a place to start at least.
From there just fine tune it until it feels right to you.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Evil7 added!

I did a bit of a remake on one of the maps, also I made a particle for jumping into the portal, and one for traveling through the portal. I'll probably add more sparkles later to embellish it. :LZSwink:
Polished the animation and added details :kaojoy:
Ami
What do you think about the Wood Bridge inside of Volcano?
Yet another gaming question, i'm currently playing Last of Us 2 and want to get another game to play next but can't decide between Ghost of Tsushima, Miles Morales & Jedi Fallen Order. After the latest mandalorian i AM on a star wars kick, but i also LOVED the last spiderman game that prequels Miles Morales. Ghost of Tsushima is the bottom of my list but i heard it was AWESOME. Just want a good story & fun gameplay.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdramose