RPG Maker Forums

KakonComp
KakonComp
90%+ would be considered outright bad to me, but something that sucks you in for a very small duration while you realize you don't want to continue is worse than outright saying no to a product. One uses up more time that could be spent doing something else you enjoy.
Reactions: RCXDan
The Stranger
The Stranger
No. Ones that are so bad that I struggle to keep playing, or stop playing outright, are far worse. At least with a mediocre game I tend to enjoy it enough to actually complete it. Bad games just make me feel like I've wasted both time and money.
RCXDan
RCXDan
Phrasing error: maybe should have said most.

But yeah I mainly mean when a game is competent in some fields but the story is very obviously not well thought out etc. That kind of thing.

Like I see it more as "you guys should know better".
orochii
orochii
It depends, if I get joy from playing it, doesn't matter if it's good or bad. Either doesn't annoy me.

I get more frustrated on bad games with a following, because it means I'm doing a horrible job myself.
  • Sad

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Apparently MZ lets you preview move routes in the move route editor without having to start up test game. That could save a lot of time during development compared to MV, especially for a long game that uses a lot of event movement for cutscenes.
A repost of an old meme I had made, now with music

I have a really hard time keeping all these goodies secret til December... but I swear, it is worth the wait!
Working on a Premium version of my minimap plugin that will have advanced functionalities such as drawing a Terrain map based completely on the users tilesets, whatever they may be, and drawing minimap radar icons automatically based on texture of the event the note is applied to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VINCI075