RPG Maker Forums

The Stranger
The Stranger
A fair few, no doubt. For some, having the last word is what wins them the argument. They think they've beaten their opponent into submission, silenced them, when in reality they've done nothing of the sort.
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
At some point debating just became arguing. People are more concerned with yelling louder than the other person, and calling them names until they stop talking, versus actually convincing them. I guess those people don't realize that by doing that, all they've done is strengthen the person's stance against them.
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
Which when you think about it means the they actually lose the argument in the most spectacular way possible... But failing to prove their point is valid based on logic, and by cementing the other person as opposition. They've not only looked the fool, but made the other side stronger. :LZSwink:
Dororo
Dororo
One day you'll reach that joyfull state when you don't even start debating with people.
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
Eh, I'm already there now. I've mostly reached the state of how much are you going to pay me to listen? I'll entertain anybody's stance for the right amount of money. :LZSwink:
RCXDan
RCXDan
Ah yes the "you're not participating anymore so you must be the loser" effect.

I know exactly one person that acts like this and he's 14 years old. An actual adult that does this is just shameful.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Run Script Calls & Play Unique Sound Effects With Each Skill & Item | RPG Maker News #113

Let's continue making our game in MZ! Touchfuzzy is... still eventing... though this time we may be working on eventing some tutorial stuff for our players!

I work late on the game so I sleep in then I wake up late so I have to work hard to make up for sleeping in meaning I work late again and sleep in again... what a nasty cycle.
I just had my first real fire. Dad made burgers for lunch and the grill caught fire. He tried to get water but I told him you should never put water on a grease fire. So I got him the fire extinguisher under the sink and we managed to put it out. I can still smell a little of the smoke coming from the patio, but at least it's clearing. It sure was scary though.
was rendering a video and window decided to bsod on me :D fun

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChaosEmperor