RPG Maker Forums

Ahuramazda
Ahuramazda
The plugin works until its time to animate/swap scenes... it even draws the shattering effect properly. The crash happens when all the children for the scene need to animate and slide off screen leading into Scene_Battle.
"Cannot set property '_parentID' of null"
Ahuramazda
Ahuramazda
Used console.log to check properties of them before adding the children in both MV and MZ, and they are identical. so somewhere in MZ's Sprite coding I'm overlooking something I believe, because MV could draw children with "Null" parents somehow.
mlogan
mlogan
Might be best to post this in Plugin Support.
Ahuramazda
Ahuramazda
I'm gonna bash my face a bit more before I resort to asking for help, I like trying to problem solve the best I can :D
Reactions: ??????

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

"...I'll shut up and carry on
The scream becomes a yawn..."
Me: For My enter the Haroldverse game I'll make a horror game!
[four snarky/snide comments from the disembodied narrator later]
Fine it's a horror comedy now.
Feeling overwhelmed by this project's scope lately, and lured by other projects; but it also feels like I'm on the verge of a turning point, almost finished laying the "foundations" and can soon start building the real structure. In other words, the dreaded "middle phase lull." I recognize and will resist it. So, the latest work: battle sprite for the second major party member.

If you REALLY want to slow a loop down... stick a console.log statement in it. lol
welp... YED_Sideview Battler works on MZ with FOSSIL, and it even works with the new MZ Battle Core. problem is I dunno if the new battle core allows for custom motions with YED like the MV one does.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RubenOdd