RPG Maker Forums

KakonComp
KakonComp
It's good to take a step back and try to see it as an unbiased player when someone gives you feedback; both positive and negative. Developing the ability to do just that is just one of many skills we hope to develop as makers of the game.
RCXDan
RCXDan
200%. Every time someone's given me criticism on my games it's helped me a lot, even if it spikes my anxiety every time.
cthulhusquid
cthulhusquid
I am watching the stream that Studio Blue did of my demo, and it honestly is nerve-wracking at times. Still, it's given me a good opportunity to step back and analyze my own writing (which I realized might be quite antiquated), and fix things like spelling or continuity errors.
Wavelength
Wavelength
Right on. And even the greatest designers in the world are going to miss things in their own games that a decent playtester will find easily. Not just bugs, but also assumptions about gameplay and tactics.
Kupotepo
Kupotepo
@cthulhusquid, wow congratulation, your game demo is on the studio blue. I hope you gain more followers. Yes, it is depending on who is a playtester too. I am taking time to just play and analyze the game, so it is time-consuming take time before the game creator hear anything from me.
Kupotepo
Kupotepo
Playtesting is not equal to just a user because the player will not say anything if there is not clear bugs existed. The playtester will create a documentation and create a report to the game developer. Why I know this, you may ask. I am in the process of doing it.
cthulhusquid
cthulhusquid
Good, I hope you enjoy the demo! I would love some feedback on the second part of the demo, which is after you get the main quest from the King in Battle Castle. No one has said anything about the South Desert, the Northlands, or another place I won't mention for spoiler reasons. The music gets quite energetic in those places, especially the unmentionable place. :rock-left:
Amane Kagari
Amane Kagari
I know how hard it is to accept other people's criticisms. I use to be one of those people who don't accept what people says about my work. But I always thank everyone who gives me criticism nowadays. Any criticism is good as long as they teach you something like tell you what needs to improve on versus just "telling you".

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I typically ask this on my normal social media channels, but figured there may be good replies here. Anyone got any good horror movie recommendations? I've seen a lot, but I always love getting suggestions! Bonus points if you know which service it is streaming on (in the US) - bring on the spOoooOky!
 After a few distractions (and my annual rough second week of October), I’m getting back on track with my OMGC project.
 Am I overcomplicating it? Yes. Am I going to tone it down? Almost certainly not.
 At least the dialogue stuff is almost done. I need to do the map itself, and then all that’s left is combat.
 Getting there!
Creating 3D CGs for Cutscenes. :kaosalute:

I keep wanting to post every song I make for the game and have to hold back on that because at this rate, I'll have spoiled all the really good stuff lol..
DerniBorges wrote on TSR's profile.
Is there any way this plugin works with the big character, and the QSprite plugin? Using RTP chars, everything works fine, but the big ones, with QSprite, it's like that in the image, it doesn't reflect right. And there is, in the settings, an option to fix it. Thanks.
bug2.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cungcapbomnuoc