RPG Maker Forums

KakonComp
KakonComp
I know a lot of people don't like the style, but there's a ton of people out there, and on here, that do like it, or at least don't mind it. As someone who loves Etrian Odyssey, it can definitely be charming.

As for the RTP, it was, from my understanding, their overuse in RMs over the years, and them MV noses. If your art can breathe more life into the style, then I don't see why they wouldn't see use from others.
mylafter
mylafter
They don't match the character art. Games that have chibi sprites fit well when the portraits are also chibi and cutesy-looking. In this case, we have portraits of serious and heroic characters that have chibi sprites, which makes it overall look very off.
Animebryan
Animebryan
Most of the complaints were about them being Chibi style. People want to see more 'professional' & proportionate style characters. The problem though is in order to have enough for a decently sized game, you'd need a large library of non-chibi styled sprites & such a collection doesn't exist yet.
Tea's Jams
Tea's Jams
I can only speak for myself, but I can't take a deformed baby man seriously while it battles epic dragons.
RainbowGrenade
RainbowGrenade
@Tea's Jams I get what you're saying, but what if you don't want your characters taken seriously? I'm envisioning a cute/funny game to go with this style, tho I'm sure the right person could make it work however they want. Tbh, I think I just want an excuse to draw chibis.
Tea's Jams
Tea's Jams
Sure if your character isn't meant to be taken seriously they work fine :LZScheeze:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Made these new little isles yesterday, to test my new tiles. Guess they're look pretty chill...
Are your bodies ready for spoopy? 0 w0
Made a lot of progression today with my next chapter. It helps that I wrote an outline of what will happen. :)
Today is a good day. Today I will finish this map. Today I will... squirrel!
Motorville is coming along so very nicely, what do you think?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Verkor54