RPG Maker Forums

Elliott404
Elliott404
Um... Children don't need to learn copyright yet.
The Stranger
The Stranger
Did you just walk into a park or something and start moaning about kids these days not knowing copyright law? When I was a kid, we learnt copyright law off by heart. Had to recite it infront of the class, and if we got a single clause wrong we got a ruler across the knuckles we did. :p
rekkatsu
rekkatsu
@Elliott404 Is "Do not cheating" basic of copyright too?
@The Stranger it's good for you.

so this 10 yo kid traced someone artwork without crediting.. and
she is a sister of well known celeb.
taarna23
taarna23
I mean, kids should be at least made aware of the generalities of it by the time they're at creative/essay-writing age. They should understand that plagiarism has consequences, and the real-world consequences generally are not detention.
Elliott404
Elliott404
Depends on what cheat is defined as copyright plagirism.
And if you put it this context, then, I agree that they should at least learn the general of copyright.
Elliott404
Elliott404
And since you've mentioned that it was a sister of a celeb, then, depends on how you've delivered your point, it is bound for you to receive attacks. Celebs, to some ppl, are above ranked class, so if you're not careful with what you say to them, it's not that surprising to get all these "defenders" against you.
The Stranger
The Stranger
I think it's a largely pointless lesson to teach children. They should be taught it when they need to know it, and I don't believe young kids playing around and discovering new things is the right time.
ScorchedGround
ScorchedGround
Considering our continously digitalized world, I believe people should gain some amount of media competence as early as possible. That includes the basics of copyright.
Sigony
Sigony
All kids learn "Don't copy"
rekkatsu
rekkatsu
I know it's a consequence that I would get attacked by those fans although I write it assertively and politely without cursing them but I'm worrying about normalizing kid tracing art and claim it's their art.
This kid is not the problem but her siblings and yes, she is at their creative age (she is 5th grade too),
rekkatsu
rekkatsu
I guess it's not wrong to tell them about copyright. She even used iPad for drawing and live as rich kid, as ScorchedGround said we already live in digitalized world.
rekkatsu
rekkatsu
well, people here in my country have a mindset "Well they are a kid so it's not wrong to behave like that" and use as an excuse so we MUST forgive those kid. Most of Indonesian often ignore how copyright law works.
When I was 5 I already know it's wrong to trace someone's art, I felt embarrassed.

and thank you for the comment guys, I feel better now.
Sigony
Sigony
I guess if they say “I traced from this source” then it’s still creative and meritorious.
RainbowGrenade
RainbowGrenade
When I was young, a lot of my learning came from tracing and then copying. To be fair, I didn't post online back then, but I don't understand what's wrong with a kid practicing/learning by tracing. Were they trying to sell it or something?
The Stranger
The Stranger
@RainbowGrenade I did too. We used to be given tracing paper in school so we could trace drawings in books. lol. I also used to copy drawings. Could spend hours trying to replicate a single drawing. I can't draw from imagination for sh*t, but I used to be able to copy very well.
rekkatsu
rekkatsu
@RainbowGrenade @The Stranger We did it too, I admit it. It's not wrong to trace for studying and from reliable source too at least they admit it.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Yosh! Senkara made a fourth video on my game.
This time, finding all the false endings. :LZScheeze:

P.S, his thumbnails are absolutely epic!
GOBBLE GOBBLE! Happy thanksgiving.
Oh no. That moment when you try to fix something you modified in your game, like, a year ago but didn't want to fix then, and you now have no idea what you even did. Me right now, trying to figure out why my gold window is over stretched?
LittlePIGGY wrote on atreyoray's profile.
Where are you TT^TT
We need ARP_InGameManual for MZ
Oh my gosh. Thank you, Macy's! Thank you so much! You have made me very happy!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yournamehere