RPG Maker Forums

ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
//leans over and whispers
They really don't like it when you tell them the RTP is in any way not perfect. :kaoswt:
//looks at the gathering angry loyalists
We still haven't found the last one who did. :kaoback:
//nervously inching away
Just play it off as a joke, and sneak away. It's the best option! Good luck!
//Roadrunner smoke puff
Sigony
Sigony
(well, to clarify for said people)
The RTP is nice but it does have the disadvantage of being sort of an open brand for anyone with RM.

Your game’s graphics communicate something to the player before they even play.
And it’s a visceral, unfair thing. That’s why it’s important to be a little unique.
Kupotepo
Kupotepo
@Sigony, it is about execution and design of the maps. I agree see the same map style over and over is boring. I think of RTP with other tilsets to make diversified would be interesting for players.
Reactions: Sigony
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
//Teary eyed people all dressed in black gathered in a field around a tombstone with the inscription....
RIP
Sigony
???? - 2020
Eaten by a RTP Loyalist Grue​
//Shakes his head sadly
I tried to warn Sigony that they couldn't be reasoned with. :kaocry:
//Puts on a dapper hat
Not that Sigony was wrong. :LZSwink:
//Vanishes
  • Haha
Reactions: Sigony
taarna23
taarna23
I don't disagree... however it is difficult and/or expensive to replace all of the RTP. And MZ has so many lovely B/C tiles that I just wanna use em all! ...but I don't have a use for them all.

I do have non-RTP tiles I could use, but I really don't think they would provide the variation I need in a dungeon runner type game.
Sigony
Sigony
@taarna23, I see what you're saying. There would be a large cost to actually get custom art made for the game. You might be able to convince an artist on the basis of a revenue share. But, for most games that aren't going to sell that well, the artist may be better off with a rate. However, their art will directly impact how enticing the game is, and it adds to their portfolio, so it's feesible.
Kupotepo
Kupotepo
@taarna23, paint a different color dungeon that will do the trick.
Tea's Jams
Tea's Jams
Does it have to be one vs another? RTP is perfect for what it's designed for, private hobby games or "for fun" games. However, if you want your game to be noticed or given a fair shake publicly, I firmly believe you need to customize as much as you possibly can. I guess I'm on both "sides". This of course only my opinion, for whatever it's worth. :LZSrasp::LZSjoy:
Jenova
Jenova
Who cares? Just make a game. If not for anyone, for yourself. Someone says they dont like it, they didnt make it.
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
//Appears and removes his "dapper hat"
@Tea's Jams We're pretty much in agreement. It's just discussed so often and nothing new is ever added, that it's more fun to meme about. :LZSwink:
//Puts on a smug Reid mask, then puts the "dapper hat" on it.
Perfect!
Bastrophian
Bastrophian
Im all for heavily editing the RTP .... I couldn't do otherwise, personally. I always have issues with some of the tiles anyway so much so that I cant help but snip bits off here and there to make somethings different.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Come join our stream starting at 2pm and win cool stuff! :D
Star citizen just announced they will develop a roadmap for their planned roadmap...
And i thought i needed order on my project... :kaoswt2:
Big City Greens had it right:
"Always back up your brain game, that's what I like to say!"
I think I've created a monster.
...and I love it. <3
Today represents my one year anniversary of throwing out the tile map. :LZSexcite: One year ago my game looked like...

And now for those that don't know, it looks like..

What a year, what a year indeed. RIP Tile Map, nobody misses you. :LZSwink:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fawfulizer