RPG Maker Forums

KakonComp
KakonComp
Could try making a game with every JRPG cliche known to humankind. Make sure the main character's mother wakes him up first before his village gets burned down.
Shikamon
Shikamon
I'd love to but can't think idea how to sew all that cliche into more super cliche story lol
KakonComp
KakonComp
It would take a lot of studying by playing all the 90s-2000s jrpgs and making notes about what happened.
Shikamon
Shikamon
Well there's a GRAND list from tvtropes about jrpg cliches that could be followed, so that could save time I guess. :)
KakonComp
KakonComp
True, some of them have a few examples too if you wanted to see how they did it.
Sharm
Sharm
I was planning on making one for practice. Since it's all cliche, it'd be like rewriting a fairy tale.
RCXDan
RCXDan
It's a fun writing exercise. Tbh I'd write a super cliche story just to yank the rug out from under the player with some crazy revelation that changes the story.
KazukiT
KazukiT
That's how my current horror rpg starts out. You find out really quickly this game is also a horror game.
Also if you plan to go through with this idea just be sure to introduce some element that is unique ti this game within the first 10 minutes. Otherwise, you may risk losing the player's interest.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

um... why didn't anyone tell how easy it is to add motions to Sideview battlers? I literally copied the last one, changed the name and index, said where it should play, and boom... I've got intro motions.
Lately when I listen to 1970s songs, I always think that the "real world" is still at mid 70s. What we experience now is a futuristic dream. With this point of view, even 80s and 90s looks super futuristic. :D

The GIF of this seemed too cool to bury in replies. :LZSwink:
You may have slept with my aunt... but, given the circumstances, cheers.

- Professor Ian Duncan, 2013

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kingalisah121