RPG Maker Forums

Black Pagan
Black Pagan
I find inspiration to map from looking at RPG maps on Pinterest.
zerobeat032
zerobeat032
that's actually a really good place. I remember in the past seeing tags for maps on there. thanks for the reminder
Kes
Kes
Avery has 3 mapping tutorials on this thread. Browse through the thread Game & Map Screenshots. Not only will you see a variety of maps, but you can also read the feedback and pick up a lot of points that way.
KakonComp
KakonComp
I'm circumventing my lack of mapping ability by making everything a sidescroller.
RainbowGrenade
RainbowGrenade
When I'm stuck for inspiration, Google images is my best friend. You can search specifically for rpgm maps, or just RPGs in general. You don't want to straight up copy of course, but it can be a great source of inspo.
zerobeat032
zerobeat032
hey @KakonComp I've attempted some side scrolling in the past. if you don't mind me asking, how are you going about doing that? @Kes awesome! thanks for the info! gonna look through this when I can later today.
zerobeat032
zerobeat032
yeah, @RainbowGrenade, Google has helped me in the past too with an older project I was working on
KakonComp
KakonComp
@zerobeat032 I'm making everything pictures and parallaxes. Using Galv's MZ layer graphics to make parallax layers. With that and a picture over the MC to act as a frame, the player always looks like they are in the middle of the map, then set transfer events away from the edge of the map to keep this look going. Only one line can be walked on, but it doesn't have to be restricted to just one.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Since I started in this world of make games, It's hard for me to enjoy playing a game. It's like, coding and make it work, sounds like I'm playing and have fun o_O
Not sure if it's true (and I won't judge or blame anyone if it is, really), but I heard from confident sources that you guys (and girls) really really like to
How is this new year for everyone? Hope you are well. Still deep in Covid in the US. Its like a vampire and refuses to die with even more strains. I need some holy water to kill it with.
in my game, what's known as HeadSpace is combining with the real world...
oh looks like the forums updated while I wasn't looking and we can put a banner now. Neat!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TransDiv