RPG Maker Forums

Kupotepo
Kupotepo
Hyouryuu-Na
Hyouryuu-Na
Speaking of hiding/protecting stuff, I came across steganography a few weeks back. Had fun playing around with it ^^ I could practically write "you suck at this gameeee" inside a picture and the players would never know hhhehehehehh Not that I'd ever do that lmao
Kupotepo
Kupotepo
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
Oh Steganography sounds fun. I'm hoping by the end that anybody looking to crack it will feel like they're facing a Matryoshka doll. Just one awful surprise inside of the next. :LZSexcite:
Hyouryuu-Na
Hyouryuu-Na
I think there were some games that really messed with players that tried to hack it. One game, I don't remember which one, heavily pixelated the graphics once it detected that it'd been cracked. The player could still play it but graphically, it was close to impossible to understand what anything was.
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
Honestly, I'm not really concerned with players hacking it so they can play it... I mean it's a prototype/kinda demo and obviously free... I just didn't want people running off with my code and releasing the game as their own somewhere else. Admittedly I've been putting my name out there with the game stuff, so anybody doing that should be easily spotted. Still I don't want it to be easy for them.
Dalph
Dalph
As long as the sparkles are plug and play.
??????
??????
Your more than welcome to try hack the game from my buzzy demo. let me know how that goes.

I've been writing an application that allows you to obfuscate plugins, then package and bundle all javascript files into one - making a 100k line bundle that then gets minified (may add obfuscation here instead of the individual plugin level).

??????
??????
Buzzy only uses the basic obfuscation on plugins. I'll update it sometime soon with the minified bundle format. As for the application to perform the bundling, should be released soon. I mean, It's all working for me, so I could release it whenever... I just keep tinkering with it :D
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
I figure a determined person will break it, but usually determined people with skills like that typically have real jobs. I just don't want to make it easy for the kind of hacks who would try and steal games and rerelease them as their own. If someone wants to pirate the finished game just so they can play it... Cool, sure whatever. I expect that. At least they played it? (Can't aim too high with RM). :LZSwink:
  • Haha
Reactions: ??????
??????
??????
Yea for sure, anyone determined enough, with enough skills could break through such a thing. IMO the best thing you can do is just make things more difficult. If the amount of time and skill it takes to break in is near or more than that which it took to make, then what more can you ask for? :D
Dalph
Dalph
@ImaginaryVillain:
Are you sure about the graphic part?
They might hack it and replace your main girl there with RTP Harold.

Happy Nightmares (for real).
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
I'll save them the trouble. :LZSwink:

Also Harold is super tiny... because the game's 1920x1080.
Hyouryuu-Na
Hyouryuu-Na
How about Harold but 3x the size :")

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Was stressing about this plugin earlier, but pretty happy with how its looking now! Purple makes it pop more too!! :)
A friend requested me to do a pfp for his twitch channel, so far he approved one of my sketches, so going to digital now. The style he's looking for is quite different from my usual, hopefully I can get it right... :kaoback:
I am so hyped! A new post update and im anxious to see reactions..eeeeeeee
When a youtuber plays your project or game made by you using MAKERs, you will just be awe struck

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deli