RPG Maker Forums

Hyouryuu-Na
Hyouryuu-Na
Great job! :kaojoy:
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
I mean it's not really just my personal version (other people can use it) it's the UMC version of Community Lighting... I only ever edit that version unless I specifically want to add something to the main version... The main version is just so complicated and different every time I look at. :kaoback:
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
Oh I did add a feature to shut off lights that are too far from the player... My version is now very environmentally friendly. :LZSwink:
taarna23
taarna23
I'm not going to discuss the length and complexity of a dungeon plugin I made >.>
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
Nothing wrong with a little complexity. Though the purpose of this particular variant plugin is to be as fast as possible not feature rich. There's a main fork of the plugin for that. :LZSwink: Also I'm down to 424 lines of code, which when I started Community Lighting project, the original lighting plugin was 3,197 lines of code. :LZScheeze:
Hyouryuu-Na
Hyouryuu-Na
It's sorta funny how when when I was in my first semester and just starting with java... all of my classmates and me too had this belief that longer code is good XD Cause most of what we wrote was tiny stuff like detect odd-even, smaller-larger number etc. So longer code looked complex ad cool ya know XD And now in my third semester all I try to do is somehow fit my 35 line code within 20 lines lol
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
A lot of people seem to think more is better. I mostly care about performance. A plugin with infinite features that can't run, is still a pile of garbage. :LZSwink: All of my code is now stuffed into "The Thunder Dome" where it must battle to the death for code supremacy. The only good trial is one by fire, lots and lots of fire. :mrsatan:
taarna23
taarna23
@ImaginaryVillain That's quite the round of optimization. I do have to admit that around a third of my plugin is parameters and there's some no-longer-needed cruft that could be cleaned out... Still will never be small, though. X3
Riazey
Riazey
das a short sporkle boi code! :kaopride:
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
Yes, soon with my uber optimized code I will be able to put all of the "sporkles" in my game. :kaopride:

@taarna23 Pfft, doesn't sound like anything a roll of Duct Tape can't fix. :LZSwink:
Dororo
Dororo
You just removed such comment lines from the script: "How incredible I am!" "How smart this!" "I can't believe this thing actually worked!"
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
Nah, I cut out the extra options and add more of those comments. So that when I go to "optimize" it again... I can easily remove those extra lines all while feeling good about myself. :LZSwink:
Dororo
Dororo
Yeah! I come from python: we comment the comments just to feel right when removing them. That's c o d i n g!
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
Why even bother with code? It's just wasting precious comment space anyway. :LZSwink:
taarna23
taarna23
@Dororo In Python you have to comment everything just to know where the line/method endings are! :p (I like my semicolons and curly braces, and Python is allergic to those.)
Hyouryuu-Na
Hyouryuu-Na
I really hate how organized you have to be in python :") Indentations are often messed up while copy-pasting blocks of code and then I have to go manually fix them. I think it might be an issue with spyder how it messes up the formatting but still... yeah, I prefer semicolons and curly brackets more. I still end up putting curly brackets in conditions by mistake XD But I like working in python more ^^
Dororo
Dororo
No wait @taarna23 , we use i n d e n t a t i o n, that's actually much better (I've spotted some japanese JS and probably they are androids sent from hell: };);}));] : <= what I'm reading?!?). But sometime I've seen people commenting their own comments that were commenting a void class as "you need to comment stuff". It's cheap to trim out the code this way, later XD.
taarna23
taarna23
Whitespace should not be a delimiter, except in poems and prose! X3

Really, though, I love that there are so many ways to program. You can even program in Arnold Schwarzenegger movie lines.
Poryg
Poryg
Run it through a minifier. Boom, reduced to 1 line. :D
Poryg
Poryg
In all seriousness though... Optimization in terms of disk space is one thing. But I hope it didn't come at the cost of performance.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

So I'm practicing ITC with a spirit box, and decide to try to contact my deceased soulmate. It actually gave me multiple identifiers. Me, still a bit skeptical, asked aloud "Fine but does he still love me?" and the box spoke and printed the word "Forever" at the same time. Been a mess of tears since. :kaocry:
Been scratching away at my game and making progress, but just had a revelation. I'm working in full screen and adjusting all my pictures accordingly, but will they resize if someone's screen is smaller?? I hope this doesn't turn out to be a problem later.
Why is there so much month left at the end of money? D=
Hello humans! How goes your day in this journey of living? I hope it is good, for I am human like you, and I am feeling great! Worship the altar.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AKPoliandro