RPG Maker Forums

Dororo
Dororo
Well, a lot of Square "other games" fit that. Like Mana serie. Namco did it. Capcom did it. Konami did it. Sega did it. Game Arts did it. Atlus did it.... It was easier to draw pixel upward instead of hiding the small face.
BK-tdm
BK-tdm
The only part that filters is the personality, as some are like that (looking at you Tidus and Shulk), then the dense ill be hero no matter what (Leonard from white knight chronicles, Kirito), the edgelord (Midgard part Cloud Strife), silent as a brick (Link, Golden Sun mcs).
Removing the personality you can find a lot of spiky haired swordwielders, then again you only get spiky or straight hair on jrpgs...
Sigony
Sigony
You just don’t remember them because they were undifferentiated and therefore not memorable.
Shikamon
Shikamon
I don't think kirito is a jrpg protagonist lol. I can't count silent characters as a "character" coz they are projections of the player ( like Link, but is link jrpg protagonist ? ).
So I guess the most important is personality of character not the cliche they representd, right ? :D
Reactions: Dororo
Shikamon
Shikamon
I remember a lot of protagonist characters but not the one that fit that categories , that's why i asking coz I'm not remember there so many of them.
Dororo
Dororo
They belong mostly to early '90. Anyway, when people say "we are tired of..." they probably simple ride the online trend of hating something randomly (and immediatley after stare at their Kingdom Hearts poster).
Shikamon
Shikamon
I also find people complained harem in jrpg, yea, I know a lot of anime have harem shyts but not much to see in the jrpg. mostly you can only pick one girl. JUST ONE.
Reactions: Dororo

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

um... why didn't anyone tell how easy it is to add motions to Sideview battlers? I literally copied the last one, changed the name and index, said where it should play, and boom... I've got intro motions.
Lately when I listen to 1970s songs, I always think that the "real world" is still at mid 70s. What we experience now is a futuristic dream. With this point of view, even 80s and 90s looks super futuristic. :D

The GIF of this seemed too cool to bury in replies. :LZSwink:
You may have slept with my aunt... but, given the circumstances, cheers.

- Professor Ian Duncan, 2013

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidtech