RPG Maker Forums

taarna23
taarna23
Is it a fate drifter or a fated rifter? While rifter isn't technically a word, this is video games we're talking about here, so it might apply. That said, it might have some ambiguity. Bear in mind that I'm strange and tend to read/hear things that have potential multiple meanings and require clarity - most people would probably read it as fate drifter.
Dororo
Dororo
@taarna23 : thank you! That was exactly my doubt. So, writing it as FATE DRIFTER should do the thing. Does it sound "fluent" or anyway "good" to your ears or is cacophonical?
Quexp
Quexp
I feel like part of "Fate" would be unintentionally dropped off when spoken out loud as the two words don't seem to flow together smoothly. A person pronouncing it may have to be mindful of annunciating it clear enough for others to catch the name.

I've never considered anything like this when picking a name before so I'm glad you brought it up. I learned something new from you. :)
Reactions: Dororo
Celestrium
Celestrium
I saw it as Fate Drifter...and would have pronounced it so without further aid.
rpg_el
To me, the name just sounds a bit random. Like DOG JUMPER, sure you can combine these two words, but what does it mean to "jump dogs"? Or to "drift [around/in some way related to] fate"? Or like if you had picked DESTINY WANDERER, it just sounds a bit like you wanted an epic word (fate, destiny, ...) to upgrade your mundane one (drifter, wanderer, ...) and just feels slightly confusing to me

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Had a dream last night that I died -- what a way to start the weekend! :'D
For some reasons, my signature was replaced by god-knows-what, written in French. Had to re-replace it with my signature Nazeem-ish quote; not gonna remake my signature any time soon.
2021? I still wonder if people still doing MV than MZ more
Seeing a lot more active Ace topics recently, is it making a comeback? :o
0-7, left-to-right, top-to-bottom

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ratismal