RPG Maker Forums

KakonComp
KakonComp
I'm partial to Famitracker, last VST I used that I really enjoyed though was Arachno SoundFont. You have me curious on how the one you mentioned sounds.
Richard John S
Richard John S
I wasn't aware of this VST. I love SNES game music, so I'll have to look into this.
MikePjr
MikePjr
I hope linking to a tweet on my twitter account is okay.
MikePjr
MikePjr
It's a VST that actually emulates the sound chip from the SNES. Comes with a LOT of instruments but you can also make your own instruments using samples and the VST resamples it to the Super Nintendo's sound chip.. er.. it's difficult to explain but for 41 dollars, it's been well worth it to me.. i was gonna get Super Audio Cart but the asking price was too insane considering i only really cared about the SNES.
KakonComp
KakonComp
That definitely sounds good. I'm very tempted to go this style for the next time, as I already have so many tracks for my main game made already.
MikePjr
MikePjr
The SNES is my favorite console of that era, and the music and how it sounds coming from the sound chip the SNES had still sticks with me to this day.
But the company that sells it also sells something called Chipsynth MD which is a Sega Genesis/MegaDrive VST.
I'll probably get it later.
KakonComp
KakonComp
Very partial to both in the sound category, probably because I grew up owning a Genesis, but my grandmother had the SNES and she babysat me, so I got a lot of time with both.
MikePjr
MikePjr
I owned both growing up, but i slightly preferred the audio out of the SNES over the Genesis.
But in the right hands, the SEGA Genesis had some pretty awesome sounds.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

aww man, color hex code #C4C4C4 doesn't work for the tint value in this scene I need something darker, which stinks just because I liked that one it was my favorite plastic explosive three times...#696969 (nice) should work better (WHY IS MY BRAIN LIKE THIS)
Tell it to me straight, doc. If I've been trying to piece together a "shorter" game to learn stuff outside of game jams... am I just running away from my WIP? :v
Well, I've got a party tomorrow, and my friends are coming over. I wanted to work a bit on the Fandom Scouts assets so I can be ready when that update arrives... in other news, Pizza Time Horror is getting a second teaser, and it shows Cabaret Helen's last performance before the location closed.
Also who used to be scared of Chuck E as a kid? I was! Now I love him!
The new cards and what they do:

(I am clearly not a youtuber... Haha)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moe334